Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017

Dear Family and Friends! 
 This week was such a spiritually uplifting week. On Thursday we went to zone conference where Elder Scott D Whiting and Elder Adilson De Paula Parrella of the seventy came and spoke to us. They allowed us as missionaries ask what ever questions we might have. 
Some things I really enjoyed from the talks was 
"it's only after pondering that you receive revilation" we need to practice pondering so we allow the things we learn to sink in and allow revilation to come. 

Have you ever been in a conversation where someone talks to you and asks you for advice or questions but they don't allow you time to answer or talk? 
Are we allowing the time in our prayers for Heavenly Father to answer us or are we just asking and interrupting because we keep talking? 

"make a focus on one thing. Making a focus on many this is not having a focus at all." This was one thing I really appreciated hearing because sometime I try and focus on to many things at a time. Pick the most important and focus on that one thing! 

So the most important thing I got out of Zone Conference that I want to work on is applying the Atonement in my life every day. 

At zone conference they selected a few Missionaries to have interviews with one of the seventy there. So I got picked to go talk with Elder Parrella. I don't know how I got picked but I was so grateful for that time. We only had 5 minutes but the spirit was so strong and I know that he is a man of God because he answered my prayers and knew me personally and what I needed at that moment. It was such a blessing 

So Saturday night we got asked to give the lesson in Gospel Principals and guess what the topic was?! The Atonement! It ended up being one of the most powerful lessons. The participation form those in the room and the conversation we had I believe the spirit touched each one of us and taught us something new. 

As far as the work this week we have had many good conversations and things are going well! 
I love you all and hope things are going well!
Love 
Sister Leavitt 

My only picture from this week. After the Book of Mormon class the Relief society had an activity and they gave us Root beer floats and they had mustache straws! 


OH I forgot to add one of the miracles I was a part of. When I was in Eugene for the few days with Sister Pful we found a lady who when she opened the door she told us that we looked like angels. The lady cried seeing us and she was crying so hard we couldn't understand her. Well now the sisters in Eugene and teaching her! Also another lady we found which was crazy we even found her house has a baptism date! Although the work is hard and slow here in Corvallis I was so glad I could be a small part of finding those ladies. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018