Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018
![]() |
| Zone Temple Trip |
Family and Friends!
Lots to catch you up on. Hope I can remember everything I did. We have stayed super busy and we are not slowing down. This transfer is just flying by.
So on the 6th we had MLC. Which stands for Missionary Leadership Council. It was my first time going and it was so much fun!!! So many of my past companions were there, like Sister Allred and Sister John! We were able to council all togther of how to help the mission improve and what things we can do. What a huge blesisng it is to see that side of missionary work!
![]() |
| Sister Allred & Sister Leavitt |
One part I really loved about MLC was goal setting and planning. We talked about how we as missionariesare are really good at setting goals and making plans but we need to have a vision. It's the process of what why and how.
Vision --- why
Goals ---- what
Plans ---- how
A quote they shared that I really loved was "Leadership is the capacity to bring Vision into reality."
I hope that I can help bring the vision of the mission into reality as I work hard and help other missionaries catch the vision. But I also loved that I was able to refocus on my own vision for my mission.
![]() |
| Sister Leavitt & Sister John |
So Friday was one of the crazy busiest days of my mission so far. We had set lessons every hour of the day. But we saw so many miracles! So the missionaries have been working with a less active family in the ward and so we visit them almost every week. Well their daughter just got engaged and part of the condition and fathers approval would be that he would listen to the missionary discussions so he knew what she believed in.
Sister Mousser and I weren't sure how interested he would be but it was such an amazing lesson as we taught the restoration. We got to the end of the lesson and we asked him to pray. He hasn't prayed in a very very long time so he said no. I pulled out a piece of paper and asked him what he was grateful for...he began to list things off. Then I asked him questions he had and wrote those down on the paper as well. We opened up the pamphlet and I put the paper by him and with a long pause of silence, Riley prayed! It was a very powerful moment. One I will never forget.
The rest of the day went well too! We had a lesson with the Calves family who we haven't been able to meet with for a while. We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and it was super fun!
My Birthday was amazing on the Mission! Thank you to everyone for their cards and notes they wrote! It meant so much to me. So I did my hair all cute in the morning for my birthday and then we went out knocking on doors and it poured rain on us haha seems to happen a lot here in Oregon. But that evening we had dinner with our Bishop. They were super sweet and made me a cake! At night Sister Mousser bought me an ice cream cake so we ate that and opened the package had a mini party of our own in the eveing and then my Zone Leaders called and sang Happy Birthday! Overall it was a great day! Sister Mousser sang Happy Birthday to me almost every day that week.
![]() |
| Birthday Box |
Zone Conference was a blast yesterday! Sister Mousser and I got asked to teach the other missionaries about staying in Tune with Spiritual prompting while using technology! I can't wait to get home and show each one of you the many miracles that happen as we use technology to share the gospel with friends around us! So many amazing things. But no matter what it is we must have the spirit with us or "we shall not teach." (DC 42:14)
We also introduced the mission to smartphones. Each companionship will have a smartphone in the area. And the new missionaries coming in will come with smartphones.
I thought going on a mission I would be getting away from all kinds of technology and now here they are giving it all back to us. It goes to show just how much the Lord trusts us. I am so greatful for this opportunity to learn now how to use technology so when I get home I don't fall back into my bad habits of wasting time on social media.
Lila is doing great! We had a lesson with her the other day and she had lots of questions mostly about why we worship on Sunday and not Saturday any more. We were able to read the gospel principals Manuel with her on Sabbath day and it answered so many of her questions. She is a little nervous for her baptism because she is afraid of water but she still wants to do it!
We had a great lesson with our recent convert Tom. He has been struggling to come back to church through the holidays because that's a hard time for him. He has also been struggling to read the Book of Mormon.
Back story: So last time we taught Tom, he told us how Sister Kali Leavitt (who served here and actually found tom) raced him reading the Book of Mormon and how he totally creamed her. So I said "Well look here! A new Sister Leavitt and you won't be able to beat me. I had told him how I wanted to start over in the Book of Mormon again but haven't.
So this week when we met with him, I asked how his reading was going and he hadn't read anything! Then he turned to me and asked where I was at. I told him I was still at the beginning in 1 Nephi 18.
"Oh I'll be way past you by Sunday." He said
"Oh you will? But you don't know how much I'll be reading by Sunday."
So here we are the race is on!
Sister Mousser makes us shake on it! Tom doesn't have a job right now so he has all the time in the world to read. I'll be honest I'm a bit scared. Hahaha
So Tom says the closing prayer for the lesson and he is praying with such sincerity....then he says "And please help me to read the Book of Mormon to Blow the Door off Sister Leavitt."
Sister Mousser busts up laughing and the Returned Sister Missionary next to me starts laughing. Tom says amen and I didn't know if I should say amen because I didn't agree with his prayer. He can not win this time. Hahaha so I'll be reading a lot now.
Well what more can I say. It's been a wonderful week! I love you all so much! Keep reading your scriptures and Never stop praying.
Love
Sister Leavitt
![]() |
| ICE CREAM CAKE! |
Excerpt from Makayla's letter to Sister Kiera;
Can I just say, "I LOVE THOSE PEOPLE IN OREGON!!" I post one small sentence to wish you happy birthday, expecting that someone may see you on Sunday and say happy day to you. AND they go all out and get you a cake and candles!!!! They make a mamma's heart burst with joy (and tears of happiness!) I know that my dimples little girl- whom is now out of her teens and into Adult world- is loved and cared for on her special day! They have given a great service! And that's what this gospel is all about- service! We read our scriptures to know of HIS word and love and guidance, but the DOing is in the service! That's where the rubber hits the road!
Reply:
Mom!
I knew you and Sister Sharp probably made the birthday parties happen haha. Thanks so much it was good! Sister Sharp is over our dinner calender and she is amazing! She makes sure a day doesn't go by we don't get fed. She is also taking us to the temple today and out for lunch.
I actually met Sister Sharp in Corvallis. Sister Datwyler knew her from when she served in Grants pass and so she took us out to eat in Corvallis. Sister Sharp is such an amazing member missionary. She also runs the missionary mama page and is that transfer spots almost every time. I love her a lot. But she let bishops wife know it was my birthday. So they took the time and made the cake that day. Yes I got the birthday package and I got it on my birthday it was perfect timing!
That was So crazy to hear about pine view and Bridger finding lithe bomb. He is a smart guy to know what it really is. Hope they caught the kid that did it. It was super intense to read i made Mousser read it as well. I'm so glad they are all okay.
Sounds like things are going well and staying busy as always.
I Love you so much and pray for you always!
Love Sister Leavitt
![]() |
| Birthday |
![]() |
| More Gifts |
![]() |
| Gifts |
![]() |
| Sister Leavitt & Sister Mousser at lunch. |










Comments
Post a Comment