First MTC Email from Sister Leavitt; "It's not about me" 5/23/17


 

( Sister Kiera Leavitt, Sister Mousser, Sister Figale, Sister Allie Allred- MTC roomies.)

So I made it to the MTC! I'll admit it's wasn't the easiest the first few days but everyone says make it to Sunday and now I know why. Sunday is the best day in the MTC because you get to take the sacrament.  
My companion is Sister Allred! That's right the most awesome companion in the world! Her and I get along so well and I am so grateful for her. I room with two other Sisters (Sister Mousser amd Sister Figale). They are complete polar opposites but they work so great together. Sister Mousser keeps us all on track and sister Figale keeps all the jokes and laughter going. We are already so close to each other. They are some of my best friends! 
When I got to the MTC it was an overload of everything to be honest I don't remember much of that day but they had us start teaching people the first day we got here. So on Friday Sister Allread and I got assigned to be sister training leaders in our zone! How Crazy is that? we literally just got here and are already preparing to train the New District that comes in on Wednesday. Everyone that comes in to our Zone on Wednesday are Sisters good thing we have our 3 Elders to take care of all us. 
So I really just want to talk about Sunday because Sunday's are the best! we woke up and went to training meetings in the morning and had Sacrament which was such a great opportunity.
We also got to walk around the temple. The Devotional that night was everything I needed to hear.  Brother and Sister Mehr spoke and how we have the Authority and how we can access Gods Power.  Then we went and watched a movie on the Character of Christ. Always remember that the work you do is more about what you feel and who you are rather than what you say. My testimony alone is not what is going to keep me in this church. But to be truly converted yourself. Being converted is being consistent to what you know. In every story of Christ if we look, he is never  focusing on himself but turning outward and giving everything he has to the Lord. 
I came on a mission thinking this will be a great experience for me. But I'm not doing this for me anymore. I am doing this for everyone around me. I was given so much and now its my time to give everything I can to the Lord. 
The MTC is amazing we teach everyday and although it may me scary sometimes the more I trust on the spirit the better our lessons go. I challenge you all to Act on the things you know and to truly become converted. I love you all and miss you (just a little bit)
Love
Sister Leavitt



Hello my Sister Leavitt!
     Wow! You've waited so long to be called that! I hope that it is living up to you expectations!
How was your first day? Week? Who is your companion? Where is she from?       IMPORTANT: Every companion you have I need their parents home mailing address. If they are divorced then both if them. I plan to do the same card to the parents as I did with Elder Chase. It was very rewarding for our family. 
How is your dorm? How is the food? Are you getting enough sleep to continue all the learning?
     Ok you know that we had a busy week planned and it Was! After we drove away then we headed to the Payson Temple and got Chase there in time to change and get on for pictures when the new Hickmans came out of the Temple. We mostly waited in the car due to the cold weather.
      We then dropped off Chase for the pizza luncheon. Lainee fou nd a make your own soap shop. She made soap and Lexie made lotion. 
     Later both girls attended young women's with Kayley and Madie Searle. They are friends from SCHS that moved to Harriman. Older brother Riley ran XC with Lexie.
      THEN WE WENT and picked up Chase befire they made him start cleaning up!
      Thursday we went to the Aquarium in Draper. It was really awesome! We stayed there nearly all that day! If Lexie didn't need to be back to meet the team for a run practice and if we would have had food!
      As we talked with Coach Redfern he needed our help to locate spandex for the team. He had ordered some and it didn't cone in time. We spent about 3 hours plus trying to find spandex without logos all matching. Let me tell you, boys spandex is hard to find! But we did finally st Wal-Mart!
     (Missed Survivor but know that Michaela was voted off. And the fun couple off of Amazing Race. )
      Friday was spent at BYU all day. I waved to you many times as we were just blocks away from you. I'm sure you saw me at least once! Haha!! I took Chase to Andrews house to go bike riding in the morning. Then Chris came and picked him up to go home. At the meet Lexie had an awesome PR run AND QUALIFIED FOR FINALS! it was a beautiful run!
     That night was rough for her with her roommates and I was grateful that we were only next door because she felt safe to come back to us for the night.
      Saturday was all day at BYU again. We got smarter and brought in Subways instead of getting Dairy Queen across the street.  I seriously laugh when i think about people's faces as they watched dad balance 3 trays of drinks and blizzards across the road and through the stadium and me with two big bags of chicken meal boxes!! It was HILARIOUS! And we didn't even spill or swear!
      Saturday Lexie was seeded in the 1st lane running in 8th position. She was really giving it all and by the 3rd to last hurdle when she normally kicks in,  I could see the gas tank just bottom out on her. She gazelled over the last few hurdles and lost her placing from 5 to 9th. She did come in last. BUT she did PR AGAIN! And when I think that she is the top 10 in 3A at State- in Hurdles! it just blows my mind!
     Chase ran his triathlon and received 2nd in his age division.
With Lainee qualifying for her State meet in the  relay and me & dad off work together for a week, I can't help think that this is an awesome week for my family!!
      
I know you are right where you want to be! And that makes this one of the busiest and best weeks ever!!
      You are very special and God loves you very much!! And, of coarse, you are in my prayers! 
Enjoy and learn and prepare! Love bunches, 
MOM 


Mom!!!
My first day was so overwhelming but they kept us super busy so it was nice to have something else on my mind all day. My companion is Sister Allred we met her grandparents. She is the best!! she is from Gilbert AZ. Her parents are Tonia and Steve Allred and their mailing address is toniaallred@gmail.com and swallred7@gmail.com
The dorms and fine and the food is better then I thought but last night I must have eaten to much or worked out to hard because I got pretty sick. I just prayed that he would help me get better so that I could do the work I needed to and I still feel a little sick today but a ton better. The biggest adjustment is the schedule. I have had a hard time falling asleep but each night I feel like I get a little bit more. I stay awake pretty well in classes. I just think how when Christ was in the garden he asked his disciples to stay awake for one hour. Thats not much to ask and how dissapointed he probably was when he found them asleep. I dont want to disappoint him or miss something he may have wanted me to hear so that keeps my mind awake when I feel tired. 
Just so you know i Can read emails everyday but can only respond to them on Tuesday my pday. 
sounds like you all had a wonderful week :) I am so proud of lexie for doing so AMAZING! Thats crazy how fast she already is. Sister Allred and I go running when we can and she kicks my butt! Lainee shared a cute story with me how she won a bear playing bingo and gave it to an old man, that is so sweet I love them so much. Chase taking seccond and making a PR thats crazy! 
Sounds like you are all having a great time and I am too! The MTC is the best it's hard to sit all day but there is just so much learning and growing. I love you! If you have any questions feel free to write back I can respond for most the day. I am going to the temple today and am so excited to get to do that. I love you 
Love your missionary 
Sister Leavitt 




Sister Allie Allred companion at the MTC
Going to Eugene Oregon
We all went and got popcorn because someone cooks some every night in the rooms and it smells so good.


ps
I forgot to tell you I have seen Elder (Kajan) Johnson (who got here today), Elder (Austin) Hansen and another elder from my school at the MTC! Shaylee Miller also works here. Its been super fun!

--
Sister Leavitt



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017