First Week! - June 12, 2017
Family!
I made it to Oregon! It is so beautiful. The plane ride was so fun the sisters let me sit by the window and they all laughed because I was so excited when the plane took off. It was so much fun! Flying into Oregon I have never seen so much green in my life. But it is so fun because there are deer and turkeys everywhere. I live in the basement of a members home and they are so sweet.
I'm in Corvallis and I was able to meet the bishop the first night. He is very involved in the missionary work which makes it so great that we have people to contact and visit.
Sister Datwyler is my companion and she is the Best! She is super sweet and puts me to good work every day.
We went and visited Ed who had been dropped by the missionaries a few months ago for not progressing. He has taken the lessons many times but doesn't want to leave his native American culture. He is such a sweet man and the first time I saw him he said "you're not use to doing this are you"
He would be right it was the first few hours I had been there. He loves to talk and seems to believe everything but gets caught up on the very simple things of the gospel. He's a great man and his perspective on life is inspiring. We don't teach much so when we do its my FAVORITE! We have been contacting most the week. We have a few more lessons set up for this upcoming week so hopefully they go well.
Zone conference is this week and I am excited for that. It sounds like it will be a good one as president Russel asked us to study a few miracles and parables of Christ.
Overall I am loving it here in Oregon and the people are very open!
I love you all have a wonderful week
Love
Sister Leavitt
My new address is
1136 NW Alder Creek drive
Corvallis Oregon 97330

Comments
Post a Comment