Happy Father's Day! June 19, 2017

Sis Datwyler, Sis Leavitt, Elder Willits, Elder (Companion)


Dear family and friends, 
This week was pretty good. On Tuesday we went and did service at the Lutheran giving Garden. We dug up a bed and planted new beans to grow. They give all there food to local food banks. It was great to meet new people and help the community. I loved gardening plus I've been studying a lot about faith this week so each seed I planted I kept thinking about different scriptures about faith. One thing I loved is faith produces miracles. So as long as we continue to have faith we will continue to see miracles! 
The fruit and vegetables are so good here most are home grown too. The members feed us pretty well
We do a lot of finding here right now, trying to grow our teaching pool. We found two new investigators this week and I am so excited to go back and teach them. 
We taught Ed again this week and I enjoy teaching him. He always has great thoughts and a new perspective. Huge progress he said he accepts the Book of Mormon to be true because they line up with the stories his grandfather use to tell him. I also asked him about baptism this lesson and he said he will once he gets an answer from the great spirit to do so. He is such a good man! 

Thursday was zone Conference and it was so fun to see all the missionaries. I met the other Sister Leavitt and saw Elder Willits and Sister Wilson. I was looking for Sister Brown but she was not at that conference. Hopefully I will run into her eventually. Zone conference was great we studied parables and miracles of Christ. I read a few from Jesus the Christ. If you haven't studied much about Christ and his life I challenge you all to do so. We can learn something though his teaching but also in the way he taught. 

Sunday was very fun! The speakers were amazing and the men in the ward all got up and sang Armies of Helaman. They did a different version then I have heard before but it was so neat to see them all get up and sing. I am so grateful for the priesthood holders in the church who are worthy and help build this gospel. I just want to take a brief moment and thank all the fathers and grandfathers for their hard work and example to me! 
One of the greatest example of a father is our Father in Heaven and he love each and everyone of you so much! He loves us each so much that he provided a plan for us to have our agency and provided away back to him through the atonement of Christ. Christ would go though the atonement just for you to be able to make the decision to choose to come back to him. 
I love you all so much. Hope you have a wonderful week!
Love Sister Leavitt 

Mom!
I love the pictures it looked like you had a ton of fun on the kayaks. The river looked beautiful. This week outside my apartment there were a ton of turkeys and baby ones too! Also the deer just walk around close by too. It kinda reminds me of the cabin because it smells like pine trees all the time. How was your week? I heard dad had tooth surgery. I love you so very much and hope all is well. Please let me know how you are doing. 
Love you lots 
Love 
Sister Leavitt

Sister Leavitt from Las Vegas NV & Sister Leavitt


Sister Leavitt & Sister Wilson
Fun fact: Sister Leavitt who from Las Vegas NV, her father Carey went to Dixie High School with Sister Kiera Leavitt's father Greg!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017