Let the Truth be known- May 6, 2017

Dear friends and Family,
This week week was amazing. On Tuesday I was able to host the new missionaries coming in. I was also able to host Madi Esplin. (Lexie would know her they ran track together.) I ran into Elder Webster too. We had 24 new missionaries come into our zone. 
We had in field orientation on Thursday and that took us all day long but it was really good. I can't believe how fast this week has gone. I look back and feel like I just got to the MTC. I have grown so much more than I ever thought someone could here. The MTC is so amazing! 
On Sunday (which is my favorite day) I was able to walk around the temple. I love going to the temple. Sunday night I watched Elder Hollands talk called open your mouth. I just want to share part of that with you. He said " The truth must be stated to be know" that may sound so simple but if we don't open our mouths and share this gospel then how will it be known?
So many times in the scriptures do we hear the advisory binding the tongue of people and prophets. The best example is Joseph Smith praying to God to know which church is true. 

Joseph said it best: After I had retired to the place where I had previously designed to go, having looked around me, and finding myself alone, I knelled down and began to offer up the desires of my heart to God. I had scarcely done so, when immediately I was seized upon by some power which entirely overcame me, and had such an astonishing influence over me as to bind my tongue so that I could not speak. Thick darkness gathered around me, and it seemed to me for a time as if I were doomed to sudden destruction.
16 But, exerting all my powers to call upon God to deliver me out of the power of this enemy which had seized upon me, and at the very moment when I was ready to sink into despair and abandon myself to destruction—not to an imaginary ruin, but to the power of some actual being from the unseen world, who had such marvelous power as I had never before felt in any being—just at this moment of great alarm, I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me.
17 It no sooner appeared than I found myself delivered from the enemy which held me bound. When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!"

Satan has no power to take a life and if he did he probably would have in this moment with Joseph but he did the next closest thing he could and that was to bind his tongue so he could not speak. As I've been studying more and more about Joseph Smith my love for him has grown. The advisory will do everything he can to bind out tongues to stop this work. It gives me strength to know that if I exert all my power to call upon God he can not stop the work from being done. 

Another cool fact the new MTC buildings opened yesterday. I was one of the first missionaries to be taught in the building. I have never felt the spirit so strong in a classroom. There is an open house to go see in If you get the chance take the time to go see it. Get tickets on lds.org The paintings there can not be found anywhere else. 
I love you all and hope everyone is doing well. 
Love 
Sister Leavitt 


 



One of the paintings of Joseph Smith in the building. I hope you all can go see it 
My teacher Brother Kaanapu is in the middle with a red tie

Elder Johnson and I 

My teacher sister Johnson in the black dress 


Sister Kiera Leavitt & Sister Allie Allred
Sister Audrey Schoenfeld, Sister Es..?. &  Sister Kiera Leavitt

Elder (Companion) Elder Austin Hansen, Sister Kiera Leavitt, Sister Allie Allred
My zone last week and then this week. It doubled in size. Chase might know one of the sisters in my new zone Sister Snelders she was in our singles ward back at home. Also Ali and Andi's friend took our huge group photo on Sunday. Hope she got the picture of us 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017