MTC Week 2- May 30, 2017

Dear Family and Friends, 
This week has had its high and lows for sure. It started off on a definite high! We had a Devotional on Tuesday night were a special guest came and spoke to us. Elder Renlund came and we got front row seats! I was in a trio that day with a sister from our zone and all of then flew out but she couldn't because of her eye. It was a blessing for Sister Allred and I because she had connections and got us the seats. Before he came in the missionaries were all singing "the Spirit of God" it was incredible the spirit is so strong when we all join in song. Elder Renlund and his wife spoke about the sacrament and the importance it has on our life. I love that he said "The sacrament is always the next ordinance that we need to do after baptism, endowment, etc. We always take the sacrament after doing it." He also said "Jesus loves to forgive but he also loves to fix broken things so let him fill your gaps." At the End Elder Renlund blessed each of our families and us as missionaries. Before he left he shook each one of our hands. Every single missionary in the building was able to be by him. It was such a neat experience it's not very often you get to have that opportunity. 

Wednesday we got to welcome in the new missionaries. It was kind of hard to watch them leave their families but exciting because I know how great the MTC is and how I have grown so much already. We welcomed our new District that night all girls! we took them cinnamon rolls and cards we wrote them but this next week is going to be so busy we will have 4 districts in our zone and twice as many people. The summer time flow is about to hit. we will have 24 sisters and 8 elders. Sister Allred and I are in charge of finding people to teach meetings on Sunday it will be really busy.

So I think throughout this week someone in our district has had a really hard day. A common concern was for our investigators we have been teaching. The Elders had a man who wouldn't respond to any of their questions and were frustrated in trying to help him. Sister Mousser and Fagil had a lady that would always say thats great but i don't deserve that and they just wanted to help her, to let her know she didn't have to feel that way. SIster Allred and I had a totally different experience our investigator Amanda understood everything we were teaching her she was keeping the commitments and telling us how she has seen God help her in her life. But when it came down to it she still didn't want to be baptized. We explained the importance but still no commitment. It was a moment of reality for us. We can teach and have everything go so right but at the end it is still up to her to use her agency. 
This week we got new investigators Pam and Wan-u. We met with them yesterday and it went really well so I am excited to keep teaching them. 
I love you all and hope you are doing well. I keep you in my prayers every night. 
2 Nephi 5:25 and it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness 
Love 
Sister Leavitt 

We got matching Oregon shirts oh 
Chase! Sister Armor found me and told me to tell you hi. So here is a picture of Us! 
Thanks so much for the package I just got it today! It meant the world to me. I loved the letter that meant the most to me 
That's so neat you met with Melissa! Don't you just love her blue hair?! 
I forgot to send theses pictures from our devotions with Elder Renlund! Thought you might enjoy
them.

I forgot to tell you I have seen Elder Kajen Johnson (who got here today), Elder Austin Hansen and another elder from my school at the MTC! Shaylee Miller also works here. Its been super fun!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017