An Amazing Week! Dad & Grandpa said I would become a duck and have webbed feet! July 17, 2017

1. Sister Brown and I 
Family and friends! 
There are so many fun and exciting things that happened this week and I have been so excited to tell you about it since last Monday evening! After P-day we had Family Home Evening with the Bass family. They are a less active family who have a young man named Ryan living there,  dating their daughter. Ryan is not a member of the church and the Bass family are converts. So we went and taught the restoration! Sister Bass and Brother Bass gave great testimonies as we taught. Ryan had great questions and was engaged in the conversation the whole time. Sister Datwyler went to extend the baptismal invitation and Ryan cut her off. But we didn't give up and asked him to be baptized and he said Yes! It was so exciting! We will be seeing them tonight too! 
On Tuesday the Chinese sisters who are the sister training leaders needed a ride to Eugene for a training. So we woke up early and dropped them off at the training as we were waiting for everyone to come I saw Sister Brown! I started running to her and I almost started crying. I was so so so grateful to see her! It was such a blessing that I was able to be there because I don't know how long it would have had to wait to see her. 
 I took this picture just for dad and grandpa they said I would become a duck and have webbed feet 

So while the meeting was going on Sister Datwyler and I went to University of Oregon!
The Ducks
! I have been able to go on both campus now for a day and talk to as many people as we can. It is such a different atmosphere but so much fun! We get tons of different reactions and it's awkward the whole time but I love it. It was also orientation that day we were there so lots of people all around. 

The track I was not able to see sadly

On Wednesday morning we helped one of our investigators move out. Her kids are both baptized but she is still coming around. Sadly she had a quick deadline to get out of her house and nothing was packed. We have great ward members that did all they could to help her move.  On top of that she doesn't have a home she is moving to or a storage spot. So it was a crazy day. 
We taught Ed again this week and we had our ward missionaries with us the Lewis. We taught about the Priesthood and Ed was so excited to learn about it. He is coming it just takes time. 
I am halfway done with training! Funny story the assistants to the president showed up this week when I was role playing just my luck. But by the end of it I really appreciated their input and thoughts about how to help our investigators. Which we used alot of their ideas this week and it was life changing. 
We taught Jessica and invited her to baptism she said no but she promised she would pray about it. 
Sunday what an exciting day! We woke up and got ready I was studying when we got a text at 8 asking if I would give a talk on the Godhead. So I prepared somewhat and church was at 9. It was very nerve-wracking but I made it through. 
Things have been going pretty well here. Transfers are today and Sister Datwyler and I are Staying together in Corvallis. Things are starting to blossom and I am excited to be here. I love you all so much and hope you are doing great. 
Love 
Sister Leavitt 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017