Family!
Thank you so much for all your sweet letters. I loved reading each one of them today.  (many were sent from the Leavitt family reunion in Hagerman Idaho) I am so thankful for all the love and support I have from family and friends! 
This week was great but I can't believe it went by so fast. On the 4th of July we had a pancake breakfast with the ward. We invited many less actives and investigators but only a few showed up. It was a pretty good turn out as for the ward and the food was great. We knocked many doors that day. We had to be home early that night so Sister Datwyler and I had a movie night where we watched Mormon messages and had popcorn. 

On Thursday we met President and Sister Orton and what a blessing it was to see them! It was so comforting to be in their presence again and they were so sweet making sure I was doing okay. They also wanted to know all about the family. It was nice talking to my family to someone who truly knows how great you all are! The Ortons are amazing and I know they will be so great! 

We also taught Ed this week that was a hard lessons but he came to church yesterday and I was so excited! He had his jeans and black shirt and his leather jacket with bells on. It was so great to finally have an investigator at church! What a miracle! He stayed for all 3 hours and in Gospel Principles he asked great questions! 

We also found one new investigator this week. We were knocking on doors and a 91 year old man answered the door. (He did not look 91, I would have never guessed) we sat on his porch and talked for a while. We gave him a plan of salvation pamphlet and set up an appointment for this next week. I am so excited to teach him. He told us how he is at peace as he prepares to pass and struggles with cancer. I know that the gospel can give him light in his life. 
It has been a pretty good week here in Corvallis and I am grateful for all the blessings I see day to day as the Lord fulfills his work. 

A quality of Heavenly Father that is not usually listed is one I have grown to love. He is a man who knows how to work! Moses 1:37 behold this is my work and my glory to being to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. This is his work and he is doing it every single day. We too need to learn how to work hard. 
President Hinkley said
"I believe in the gospel of work. There is no substitute under the heavens for productive labor. It is the process by which dreams become realities. It is the process by which idle visions become dynamic achievements."

I pray for you all and hope you have a wonderful week! 
Love Sister Leavitt 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017