Hot Week- August 7, 2017

We went and got smoothies because it was so Hot 
Dear Family and Friends, 
This week was a Hot week we got to 109° felt like home again. On Monday we had a lesson with Ovid and he had some great questions about the gospel. We are actually meeting with him soon as it is his only time he can meet so P day may be a little short. 

We also had a church tour with Jessica this week to help her feel more comfortable about coming to church. It was so great as we had a young member family join us. We talked to her about Baptism and although she is not sure about the timing right now she says she can see herself being baptized in the future. She wasn't able to come to church this week due to family but we hope this Sunday she will be able to come.  we have a lesson coming up to talk about the plan of salvation. She has read the pamphlet and marked it up! 

On Tuesday we took the Chinese Sisters to their training meeting in Eugene. So Sister Datwyler and I spent the day on campus again. It was so fun! I was able to see the track this time!

There were so many great moments this week as we taught a less active family and was able to help the father look back in his past to see how he took small leeps of faith that has put him where he is today. It was so neat to see the light of understanding come on. 

We also taught Ed again this week. I had this feeling to give him the Word of Wisdom pamphlet so when we got to our lesson he had many concerns and questions. It ended up being a very great lesson! 

We are also teaching two kids Lindy and Colby their parents are split. We teach when they are here at their fathers. Their parents here want them baptized so badly. Right now they have a tentative baptism date but we want their mother to be at the baptism and supportive as well. They are such brilliant kinds and I enjoy teaching them! 

Things here in Corvallis are slowly building and I am so grateful for all the people I get to talk to each day! One thing I have enjoyed learning in my studies is about the ministering of angels. I have definitely felt help from the other side this week and am so grateful for the companionship of the Holy Ghost. 
I love you all and hope you are each doing well
Love 
Sister Leavitt 





The track at University of Oregon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017