The Eclipse- August 21, 2017
Family and friends!

Well it's been a pretty fun week! Last P day we went to New Port. We went to the beach and played soccer, football, and spike ball. Afterwards we went to Hatfield Science center. Where we pet a sea cucumber and starfish. It was pretty fun.
The rest of the week has been good as well. We have had some great conversations and have found a few new investigators that I am so excited to go back and teach. This week we went to contact Tisha a past investigator but she wasn't home. I felt prompted to leave a note. So we wrote "you are so amazing and remember you are a daughter of God"
We stopped by the next day and she had got the note. She knew it was from us even though we didn't leave our name. She was in so much gratitude and told us we made her day. Then she broke down in tears explaining that she had had a really hard week and 2 people in her family passed away. When she got our note it really comforted her. While we were at her house I wanted to share the plan of salvation pamphlet but Sister Datwyler and I both didn't have any on us. But she was so willing to set up a time for us to come back and share it with her. The Lord has really blessed me as I have these opportunities to witness his hand and work.
We were walking down the road this week and a lady was pulling weeds out of a flower garden. We stopped to talk to her and asked if we could help. She said no because we were wearing dresses. But as we talked I just started pulling weeds and we got the flowers looking good again. She was so shocked that we helped her and was so appreciative after it was done. We were able to share the Book of Mormon with her and she said she would read it and that we could stop by anytime to talk to her. It was way neat.
Yesterday we had a Lesson with Colby and Linda and we had to take them off date because of parent custody reasons. It was very heartbreaking for the whole family they keep praying everyday for the mother to soften her heart and allow her kids to be baptized. We will still be teaching them and yesterday we taught the Plan of Salvation and they all loved it so much!
Yesterday our church was packed with so many people. We had a missionary reporting and then his brother giving his farewell to leave on his mission. Plus that family had a family reunion of 80 people who came to church. So it was pretty great.
Today was the Eclipse which was so exciting.
Sister Datwyler's Dad was so excited for the eclipse he sent us glasses like 7 weeks ago! And then we had a few member families who kept offering us some to make sure our eyes were protected. We went out this morning with the Barlow family who we live with. It was crazy the temperature dropped and the chickens and birds were all confused. The shadows on the ground were all funny. And a 360 sunset all around. It was the coolest thing to see when it got dark we could see other planets and stars. The sun looked amazing! What a neat experience wish you could have all seen it! I am absolutely loving it here in Corvallis. Although it is hard the little miracles I do see are amazing. It is the small things that definitely add up and make things great! I wish you could have seen it here. I have never seen the sky so beautiful.
Q: Was this taken looking through for glasses? A: Yes Brother Barlow put a pair of glasses on his phone and took them. I was to scared of braking my iPad or my eyes so I just let others take pictures and then got the pictures from them 😂
I love you all so much and I want you to know that I couldn't be in a better place then I am now. It is the coolest thing to be a missionary because you get to go to work everyday for the best boss in the world. Our Heavenly Father! We get to help out in his work to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man!
I love you all!
Love
Sister Leavitt
Pictures
1. At the Hatfield Science Center
2. Sister Datwyler and I
3. The Eclipse
4. New Port Beach
5. Sister Datwyler and I with our flowers a member from the Marshall Islands made us
Q: Is this taken at a members house or at the back yard where you are living? A: So I was with the Barlow family at another members house. The members weren't home but said we could go over there because of the amazing view we had. It got so dark that the street light came on and we could see stars and planets. There was a 360 sunset. I have never seen anything like it. I wish you could have seen it because pictures and words do not describe how neat it was



Comments
Post a Comment