Mice and Snakes and Hippies, Oh My! September 4, 2017
Family and friends!
What a week! So last week was Transfers and I said goodbye to Sister Datwyler. I ended up staying in Eugene until Thursday with another sister that was training as well. (Sister pfau) it was so fun like a mini mission vacation. funny story that happened was we went to the park to talk to everyone there. We had a few good conversations and then stopped to see where we should go next when a group of Hippies waved us over. We went over there and they asked what we were doing. We told them that we like to share our message of Christ. Anyways it was so crazy as they were trying to talk to us, singing and playing their guitars and ukuleles and smoking all at the same time. As we finished talking to them and were walking away they started singing to us. It was quite an interesting experience.
While I was there in Eugene with Sister Pfauwe were also able to put one of her investigators on date so that was exciting to be a part of that. It's nice to see the work progressing in other parts of the mission as well.
![]() |
| Sister Leavitt & Sister Pfau |
On Wednesday we had a meeting as trainers of setting goals for ourselves. We have 30 new missionaries come in! It was huge!
On Thursday morning I met my new companion Sister Shreve! She is from san Antonio Texas! We did lots of finding this week and by last night I could see Sister Shreve was disappointed we hadn't found anyone new. I prayed so much, every door we walked up to I would pray "please let this be the door." still nothing happened. We came upon our last hour and I just kept trying to encourage Sister Shreve. When we came upon a door and Callie answered. She did not want to talk to us. She said she trys not to talk to Mormons because she thought we are a colt. I asked her if she had a past experience that wasn't good and she said no just that her father had raised her to think that. Anyways we ended up talking to her for quite a while. She was open to letting us share the video prince of peace and she bore her testimony about Christ and tithing. She strongly believes in tithing. She reads the Bible but said she could use more feasting upon them. So we introduced the Book of Mormon and Sister Shreve gave out her first copy! Callie said we could come back next week and talk to her more about the Book of Mormon! Miracles are happening it just takes time and diligence. I am excited to be here and see the hand of the Lord everyday. I know he is preparing people we just need to find them!
Other crazy things that have happened this week... There is a mouse in our apartment and we have no idea where it is at. Sister Barlow helped us put some traps us. I also almost stepped on a snake this week walking down the sidewalk. Adventures of the sister missionaries!
I love you all and hope things are going well!
Love
Sister Leavitt



Comments
Post a Comment