The power of one- September 11, 2017

Family and friends, 
This week we found a new investigator Julia she speaks Spanish. English is her 2nd language but she speeks pretty well. When we talk about Christ she fully understands. She was in a accident about 9 years ago. She was crossing the street and a car hit her. She was rushed to the hospital and she is in a wheel chair today with her left side paralyzed. We have taught her the restoration but we are not sure how much she truly comprehends. So we hope that as we go back this next week we can help her recall what we taught. She shared her story of her accident and how she had so much anger towards the women who hit her and ran off. She was able to see that women again and all she could do was hug her and she expressed her feelings of the hatred being lifted off her shoulders and loving this women. What an inspiring story of forgiveness. 
Ed came to church on Sunday and he showed up 30 minutes early as usual. But it was pretty neat because he was looking at the pictures in the hallway and he saw the one of Christ coming and he looked at me and asked what I thought when I saw it so I told him my thoughts and then he expressed what he thought of it. He explained that he saw the creator coming to the promised lands. I told him that that's what the picture was all about! 
This week I have been reading about Abinadi and his courage to stand up for what was right. He gave his life to preach the gospel and that led to one great mans conversion Alma. Alma then changed his life around and converted many Many more people. 204 souls were baptized and by the time they departed into the wilderness there was about 450 people with them! 
I love you all and hope you are doing well. Thank you for all the support and love. 
Sincerely 
Sister Leavitt 





Excerpt from response letter to Mom! 
1-How are you doing with the smoke from the fires?  I have seen where some missionaries have been wearing face shields/masks, have you?  
I am doing good now it got to me for a few days and I felt kinda sick but I didn't even know they had masks because our zone leaders didn't inform us. But that's OK it was adventurous. We didn't realize how serious it was until we were knocking on doors and people were telling us we shouldn't be out. Oops
2-How is training going?  Sister Shreve looks excited and ready to do the Lord's work! I am praying for Caine for the Spirit to be with her as you return to her home! We are all praying for you and hoping that you are enjoying this journey!
Training is going super well Sister Shreve is excited and ready to get out and about to work hard. So we haven't been able to meet with Caine since we met her so that's been sad but we will keep trying her when  we are in the area. 
3-How have your ears been doing since you have been there?  Grandma Peggy, Chase & I were discussing ears tonight and I wondered how they are doing for you? 
Haha my ears haven't been as bad as I thought they would be. Some days are worse then others but it hasn't been to bad 
5-Have you caught your mouse yet? Yes we got the mouse! Thank goodness! Sister Barlow set up traps and was able to catch it. 
Sounds like everyone is doing good. I am so excited for Lainee to be getting her young women's award. And that's so cool Chase got 1st in his race. And Lexie is staying busy as always. 
I love you all so much and hope things are going well. Let me know if I can do anything for you. 
I love you! 
Love 
Sister Leavitt 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017