General Conference- October 2, 2017
Family and Friends,
Wasn't General Conference amazing! I definitely learned so much and it is very different watching as a missionary. When I was watching I thought about so many of the investigators we are teaching. Ed watched conference! Not sure what he thought quite yet but he was so excited to watch it. Tia also watched it from home which was exciting.
The Barlows who we live with were so kind and made us breakfast and we watched all together.
Some of my thoughts from conference
-God will use you to make others lives better if you are willing
-Following the savior will not take away hardships but will remove the barriers for his help
-unless we loose ourselves in the Service of others there is little purpose for our lives
-God has always used ordinary people to do extraordinary things
-its not where you serve but its how you serve
-there are no coincidences just Devine design
- The Book of Mormon is worth more than diamonds and Gold. I wouldn't be who I am today without it. It should be the keystone of our testimonies!
-miracles, is our faith centered in Christ or in the thoughts of being healed? Do we have faith enough to align our will with his?
Those are just a few of my favorite things I learned and loved about conference. I hope each of you will continue as the apostles said to read and reread general conference and then to act upon it.
Love is an action as well as feelings
Do you love the gospel? Have you felt that deep feeling? Now what action will you take?
After conference we went to contact a few people and as we were driving we decided to go contact Trisha. She is a former investigator just very hard to contact. She was home and we had a very good conversation. We talked about Joseph Smith and the Plan of salvation. She has had a lot of death in her family Lately so she was very appreciative that we gave her the pamphlet. She even took an extra one to give to a friend! It was very powerful as she told her story of finding God in her life. We are going back next week and are super excited!
I love you all and hope things are going well.
Sincerely
Sister Leavitt
Comments
Post a Comment