It's been a Happy Day- Oct 9, 2017
Dear Family and friends,
This week has been a great one. We were able to have many conversations and as I've looked back from the time I've been in Corvallis I've seen the amazing miracles God has done here.
![]() |
Lewis's from Corvallis
|
![]() |
The Ertels with Sister Leavitt
|
So we went and did Service on Tuesday at the giving garden and harvested tomatoes and cucumbers. Then we packaged it up and sent it to the store.
The book of Mormon class has been great as well! Ed still has been coming and Tia and Becky. It was such a spiritual evening. There is so much power in the Book of Mormon. I know it is true I know that it is the word of God.
On Wednesday we had the Waldport Sisters come and we took Sister Mann to meet President for the departing missionary temple trip. So we were in a trio for the day with Sister Dunas and it was so much fun! We knocked so many doors that day and had great conversations. It was fun to have that time together and get to know the sisters we don't see much.
That evening we had a lesson with Ed. The spirit was so strong and as we talked about the celestial kingdom he opened up about his feelings and fears of not being with his wife who has passed away. I was so touched by the stories he told and how much love he has for his wife. The past two lessons with Ed so much growth has happened and I have been so blessed to be a part of it.
![]() |
Sister Leavitt & Ed
|
On Saturday we were in Adair finding when we went past Tias home. (she is pretty much a member comes to church and everything but still hasn't been baptized) when we drove by she was outside with her husband. We talked on the porch for a good 30 minutes about questions her husband had about prophets and so fourth. It was so amazing as we were able to have the spirit there and help him with his questions.
We got Transfer Calls and I am going to Cottage Grove with Sister John. I am excited for a new adventure but heartbroken to leave Sister Shreve we have grown so close these last 6 weeks and I have loved training!
I was so grateful on Friday and Saturday we had quite a few lessons with less actives and investigators so we kept supper busy, leaving Corvallis on a high note! I know Sister Shreve will take good care of the people in Corvallis
I love you all and am grateful for your support. Have a fantastic week!
Sincerely
Sister Leavitt
My new address
131 1/2 7th Street
Cottage Grove, OR 97424
1. Ed
2. The Ertels
3. Jamey
4. Becky
5.The Lewis (my grandparents in Corvallis they have taken such good care of us)
![]() |
| Jamey & Sister Leavitt |
![]() |
Sister Leavitt & Becky
|
Mom!
1. I am being transferred to cottage Grove. I don't know my apartment yet but as soon as I do I will let you know because it is cold here.
Sister Shreve is staying in Corvallis and she is scared to take over the area but I know she will be great.
2. Crazy story from this last week. So Sister Shreve and I were asked to take Sister Mann (who is going Home) to meet president Orton at Albany Gas Station for the departing missionary temple trip. So Sister Mann and her companion sister Dunas stayed the night and we woke up early to take her. That morning as we were heading to the gas station spot where we were meeting we got a mission wide text telling us we had to sync our area book before 9 (it was being updated) or we would loose all of our information on investigators and our schedule. So we thought we would have enough time to drop Sister Mann off and then hurry and sync. We called president to see where they were at and he said they were running late. We were all so nervous about loosing the information. So we asked President if we had time to run to the nearest church for wifi to sync. He told us to hurry and be back on time. Thank goodness for dads GPS! We hurried to the church and as we got there, there were sisters outside they let us in so we could get wifi. What a blessing! So of course I asked if they knew Grandma Gloria and they did. It freaked me out quite a bit that I was so close. But we hurried and synced and got back perfect timing for Sister Mann to go to the temple. So yes I left my area but it was approved no worries. The rest of the day was super fun because Sister Dunas was with us. Trio for the day!!!
3. Ahhh I did get measurements and I wrote it down and it is packed at the moment. I will try and get a moment today to send it to you.
Sounds like things have been staying pretty busy lately. I hope that you are not to stressed about your work. They are always keeping you busy.
I can't believe chase ran the marathon! He is crazy!
I hope you had a fabulous birthday! I was thinking about you! I love you so much mom I don't know what I would do without you
Love
Sister Leavitt





Comments
Post a Comment