Destanies Baptism! Nov 13, 2017
Dear Family and Friends!
This week was absolutely amazing. So many miracles!!! I just want to share a few of my favorite moments. On Thursday we had a lesson with Paula. We had planned our lesson but when we got there and asked her if she had prayed about a baptism date. She asked what she needed to do to be baptized. So we decided to go through all the baptism interview questions. Paula had prayed about the date and so she will be baptized on January 7th! It was so neat to watch God prepare her to accept baptism. The spirit was so strong and she is excited about being baptized!
Then on Sunday we had Stake Conference where President Orton and Sister Orton spoke they gave great talks. They also had a recent convert speak she spoke of how she came to know for herself how the church was true. It was absolutely beautiful. She spoke of how the Sister Missionaries were so excited when she accepted to be baptized. When she said that Destanie was sitting by Sister John and I and she turned and looked at us. We all laughed.
Destanie was baptized right after Stake Conference and she looked absolutely beautiful. She said "I've never worn so much white in my life!" The baptism went so well. One of the Young Women gave a talk on baptism and it made Destanie tear up. It was so spiritual I definitely teared up as well. Our ward mission leader Brother Basting baptized her. And after she was baptized she was glowing! I have never seen her smile so big.
Another huge miracle is that Destanies Mother and Father and Sister Makayla all came to support her. Her mother has some health issues but was able to be there the whole time. Her Father wasn't super excited about Destanies decision but he supports her. It was such a blessing to have them all there. Destanies Mother has been so happy to see the change in her daughter.
The night before the baptism we were teaching Destanie and her mother sister and cousin all came in to watch a video of another baptism so they had an example of what would be happening. It was so beautiful to see how big of an example Destanie is to her family. We hope one day soon we will be able to teach the rest of her family but slowly they have started to ask questions.
I am so greatful that Heavenly Father has been so kind to allow me to be a part of these great moments!
I hope you are all doing well! I love you so much!
Love
Sister Leavitt
Destanies Baptism





Comments
Post a Comment