Missionaries on Facebook? November 7, 2017
Dear Family and friends!
I am super excited for the Big changes in missionary work!
"Behold and lo, I will take care of your flocks, and will raise up elders (sisters) and send them unto them. Behold, I will hasten my work in its time." (DC 88:72-73)
God is hastening his work. That time is Now!
If you haven't heard yet the Oregon Eugene Mission is now an online prosolyting mission. Meaning missionaries will now Be teaching over Skype and using Facebook to contact investigators daily. We will be posting and sharing and reaching out to more people than ever before.
We are able to be friends with everyone back at home so you can all see what is going on but we ask that you only communicate over email. And I will still reply on Mondays. It is strongly encouraged that we flood the internet with the light of Christ. So go on and share the Good word of God. This is how missionary work is going to spread from each one of you being involved and sharing the gospel!
I am so excited to be able to use Facebook as another tool to share the gospel.
I ask that you please do not tag me in any posts that will distract me from my purpose as a missionary, which is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, Repentence, Baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End!
This week has been absolutely amazing as Destanie is preparing to be baptized on Sunday!!! She had her interview and it went so well.
Zone conference was so spiritual. We had the Corvallis and Eugene zone together so it was super special to see sister Shreve and all the other sisters I served with the past 4 months. We learned a lot about how this is legendary being able to use Facebook as another tool. We will be at the fount of the line and as we use this tool in the right way other missionaries can use it in the future. It will spread across the world. If you have any questions of how it will work. Please go to gospel liberay > missionary> online prosolyting > and their is a bunch of videos of how it will all work and the role members will be playing in this.
We are the pioneers pushing this work forward
We found out that Elder and Sister Jensen are going home. They were in the MTC with Grandma and Grandpa Erdmen. They live in St George and I love them so much!
We also got our flu shots and zone conference so that was exciting! I had to hold Sister Chens hand but she did it!!
I am so blessed to be here in cottage grove. And Halloween was just another normal day except we had to be in early. So we made fried chicken and rice so that was fun! No nothing scary we heard screaming but it wasn't scary. We had a ward function early that week and it was fun the kids dressed up and we had hotdogs.
That's so fun Sister John and Brent & Brooke Anderson knew each other. She remembered when I read that to her hahaha!
Another funny moment of the week was on Friday we went and did a power hour in Vaneta. And that is when the whole zone knocks doors in one area for an hour. So Sister John and I went and knocked on this door which the Elders who serve in that area have already knocked on (which we didn't know they had knocked it) and this lady Donna talked to us for like 30 minutes. But before we left she kept telling me that I looked like the Elder who serves in that area. I told her that we are all brothers and sisters and that we all come from Heavenly Father. Hahaha it was so great!
I love you all and hope things are going well!
Love
Sister Leavitt
![]() |
| Our hike from this morning we ran up a mountain. |
![]() |
| The top of the mountain. |



Comments
Post a Comment