Transfers, Nov 20, 2017

Dear friends and family!



This week has been an adventure. So after Preparation day on Monday I started to get sick. My ears plugged up and my throat hurt. We kept working and that night I was up for a few hours in the night. We woke up and kept working. (Yes mom I was taking oil pills) so that evening after dinner I broke in tears and called the nurse. She gave me a list of things to do. We texted the zone leaders and asked who we would go to for a blessing. Before we even asked for them to come they were on their way. I am so greatful for the priesthood power of God and the Elders in my zone who live their lives worthy to call upon that power when needed. The blessing was very comforting and I took away to remember to be patient. Patience is a christ like attribute I decided to study. I was very upset because of the set backs of being sick. I pleaded that it would just go away. Why would God not take away my sickness when I'm out here trying to do his work? I definitely was given the opportunity to grow patience. Looking back I see how I have grown spiritually and why God put this trial in my life.
The Zone Leaders brought me ice cream and pills when I was sick, after giving me a blessing 

Although I was sick the work still pressed forward we had a lesson with Paula on Thursday and taught the restoration over again. We also taught about modern day prophets because she really wants to know for herself that the prophet is called of God. We showed Paula the video of the apostles and prophet bearing their testimonies of Jesus Christ. The moment she saw Thomas S Monson she knew he was the prophet. She told us how she felt he really knew the Jesus Christ is the Savior. And that his words were chosen so perfectly. It was a very powerful moment. Sister McAllister came with us to the lesson and she brought some ensigns for Paula to read. Sister McAllister also offered and is going to buy the ensigns for Paula to get throughout the year!

On Sunday during the 2nd hour Sister John and I sat in on a class. We came in late and sat in the very back. The lesson was on missionary work. We were able to hear how the members have been doing missionary work. It was so great I was getting pumped to get out and work! The members are awesome here. After the lesson we had a member ask us for a Book of Mormon to share with his Co worker. The members say Sister Missionaries are God's secret weapon.



So transfers! Funny story while I was sick and out working. We visited a less active member and when we went to get in the car to go home I saw a light in the gutter with water flowing over it.... I picked it up and it was our phone. It had been there for a good 45 minutes. Ooooops so we lost our phone and had to get a new one the next day. 


So on Friday when we got Transfer calls we didn't know it was AP Willits calling because we have no contacts in our phone. It didn't hit me we were finding out what would be happenimg until he said President wants to talk to you. So good news I am staying here in Cottage Grove and I will be training a brand new sister again! I am super excited for it! Sister John is going to North Bend to be an STL she was very scared at first but I'm excited for her she will be fantastic! So Sister Wood from My Last Zone in Corvallis is also training so she will be staying with me for a few days. Exciting things! It will be different to train with Thanksgiving and Christmas and new years all in one transfer. Also with Facebook now available. It will be super awesome! 
District meeting and birthday celebration for Sister Allen! 


I love you all so much!
Love 
Sister Leavitt 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017