Happy Thanksgiving- November 27, 2017
Happy Thanksgiving Family and Friends!
I hope you all ate lots of food this week! I definitely have. On Monday-Thursday Sister Wood came to Cottage Grove and stayed with me as we both waited for our new sister missionaries to arrive. It was fun to get to know her better and talk about goals of what kind of a trainer we want to be. This was both of our 2nd time training.
| Sister Wood & Sister Leavitt |
We were able to teach Paula on Tuesday and also Destanie. Destanie wasn't sure if she would be able to make it on Sunday so I was super worried because it has been 2 weeks and she still hadn't been confirmed. But no worries she made it on Sunday and everything worked out. It was all the Lords work getting her there lots and lots of prayers. I'm so grateful for Heavenly Father making sure she is there and taking that worry off my shoulders.
We had meetings almost every night in Eugene for the trainers. And on Wednesday to Thursday we spent the night in Eugene with some sisters it was a blast as we had so many gospel conversations.
We got up early on Thursday to meet the new missionaries we sang to them and then found out who we would be with so my new companion is Sister Evans she is from Thatcher Arizona.
![]() |
| Sister Leavitt & Sister Evans on Sisters Street! |
On Thursday we had a lunch with Brother and Sister Hadley. They have callings in the singles ward so there were a few other people there as well for Thanksgiving. Then we had dinner with the ward mission leader. It was such a nice day to relax and enjoy Thanksgiving and remember the wonderful blessings God has given each of us.
![]() |
| Sister Evan, Sister Leavitt Thanksgiving Dinner with the Bastings |
![]() |
| Sister Bastings cute dinner plates she made |
![]() |
| Sister Leavitt, Dinner with the Hadleys, Sister Evans |
Sister Evans is super excited to be out here in the mission field she is so cute and fun to be with. She still isn't sure if she likes knocking on doors but hopefully she will learn to love it. I know I didn't enjoy it at first but now it is my favorite thing to do. She handed out her first Book of Mormon this week and was so excited!!!
Last night was a miracle as we were able to finally meet with Phil and Carol. Carol is a recent convert and Phil has the desire to be baptized but he has so many outside forces working against him. He will be having surgery soon. So it was perfect timing that we were able to offer him a blessing.
Cottage Grove is amazing and I love it here and I love sharing the gospel with everyone I meet. With Thanksgiving this week I just wanted to share a scripture with you all DC 46:32 "And ye must give thanks unto God in the spirit for whatsoever blessing ye are blessed with."
I'm so greatful for my family and each one of my friends that supports me. I'm greatful for this gospel and the opportunity
I have to share it each day. I'm greatful to be a part of the Lord's work.
I love you all so much!
Love
Sister Leavitt




Comments
Post a Comment