Magical time of year- Tues Dec 19, 2017


My Christmas Family Tree

Dear Family and Friends!
Thank You all so much for the love and support. Christmas time is truly magical here on the mission. We have done so many fun activities like caroling and visiting care homes. I love the spirit of Christmas time. 
This week: we met with Phil and his wife Carol a cute elderly couple. Carol was baptized a few months ago and she is losing her memory that has been super hard on Phil. Phil was going to be baptized with Carol but that ended up not happening. So as we went over this week to talk with him we were able to answer many of his questions he has had. Phil has been thinking a lot about Christ throughout his days and he is also praying everyday. We Invited Phil to pray about being baptized and he said he would. We are so excited to be meeting with them again this next week.
We also had an amazing dinner this week with a lady named Tracy. Tracy hadn't been in church for about 7 years and Sister McReynolds has been inviting her. So she has come for a few weeks now and invited Sister Evans and I over for dinner with her daughter and her daughters boyfriend. They aren't really into religion but they are open to learning more because they have many family members who are Mormon. It was so exciting to be able to talk with them and share the Book of Mormon. 
Zone Conference

This week we also had Zone Conference which was held in Corvallis! My past area! We had a great Christmas message given by President and Sister Orton. I was also able to get permission to go visit Ed while I was there. I was so excited to go see him and talk to him as he is preparing to be baptized in January! I surprised him at his doorstep and he was finishing making an Ornament and he gave it to me. He also gave me a dream Catcher he had just made because he was so touched by my surprise of showing up at his door. We were able to talk to him for a good 45 minutes on the doorstep before we had to head back to Cottage Grove. Ed is so excited to share the Story of Joseph Smith that has been passed on from his grandfathers. He is going back to the reservation in the next week or two and is going to share with them how he has discovered who the man (Joseph Smith) from the story is. We told him that if he wanted a box of Book of Mormons to take to them we could get him some and he said he would think about it. It's so exciting to see Ed take this step and being a missionary already and an answer to the prophecy of the gospel reaching every corner of the earth! 
Sister Huang & I  (PS Mom! The Chinese Sisters ran me over at Zone Conference saying thanks for the package you sent them!)

Whats New? As Missionaries using Facebook is such a blessing. We were in Eugene on Friday and did a power hour. (which is were all the missionaries in our zone go to one area and work) Sister Evans and I got assigned a specific street and we had knocked almost all of it and most people weren't home. We came upon a house that looked kinda scary I'll admit. Sister Evans said "i'm not going! You can go and knock and I will stand here and watch." I looked at her as I walked to the door and said "Sister we go two by two for a reason you have to stay with me." As she walked closer she still kept her distance and I knocked on the door. A lady Sophie answered and we started talking then Sister Evans walked up to the door hahaha. Sophie had met with missionaries in the past but won't commit to any specific religion because she doesn't understand why a loving God would cause so much pain from her past. She gave us a huge hug as she cried. She touched my heart that day as the question she asked is one of the hardest to answer. I have been grateful for facebook as we have been able to keep in touch with her. 
Funny Story: As we met with Ed the other day he shook Sister Evans hand. And as I have said in the past Ed can just read people. I don't know how he does it but he does and It's definitely a gift from God. As he shook her hand I got super excited because I knew what he was doing. Then he asked her how her 9 siblings are doing? Sister Evans jaw dropped. "Whaaaaattttt????"

I wanted to share a quote I found the other day and I love it!
"Each of us is an Innkeeper who decides if there is room for Jesus." 
We must each decided how we will let Christ into our lives. What are we going to do each day to make room for him in our crazy lives? We need to make the time enough to know him. As we pray and read his words from the scriptures as we attend church each week, we can find his strength through letting him in. Don't just remember what he did for us but use the atonement daily as you repent. I'm grateful for the opportunity I have everyday to share what I learn with those around me. I invite you all to let him in! Let him be not just a part of your life but why you live!

I hope you each have a wonderful Christmas Season! 
Love
Sister Leavitt

Fuzzy socks that the Robinson's gave me (church members that feed us almost every week)

Making Gingerbread Houses.  Rules; only one hand!





Mom!
Yes! I got the package. Thank you so very much! It was very sweet of you all to make that for me. I loved seeing all the pictures of my family! I also have been getting so many Christmas cards from the ward and family. Grandma Dennis sent me a gift I got it this morning It was his healthy vitamins. I will have to try them out. Also I had to Order more Christmas Cards because the ward just keeps sending them. I am so grateful for all the love and support from everyone around me.
I have no idea who Brother and Sister Wooley are. Actually I may have met them once a few months ago but I honestly can't remember. I have realized that I am not good with names I always have to ask my companion. hahaha
Wow your week sounds like it has been so crazy busy. Its only going to start going faster im sure.
Also the Chinese Sisters wanted me to give you BIG THANKS!!! I think Sister Orton told them the package came from you and they ran up to me at zone conference and gave me HUGE HUGS. I almost fell over they ran over to me so fast. I love those two sisters with all my heart. They have been a huge support for me on my mission. And they are always so excited to see me that it warms my heart. Thank you so much for going above and beyond and thinking about them. I appreciate it so much. Also Im grateful you sent things for my companion she still hasn't got her package from her parents and so im glad she has had things to open with me each day. 
Thanks you for everything you do.
I love you so much mom! see you next week! Try not to make me cry when I Skype home. haha Jk im sure i will cry
love 
sister leavitt




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017