A Wonderful Week of Miracles, Jan 15, 2017

Oregon trees are so crazy! I love it!
Dear Family and Friends!
This week has been super busy. We had district meeting and the chance to watch President Monson funeral. It was such a neat experience to be able to watch that,  to remember the qualities about Thomas S. Monson. I remember his big smile and the time he wiggled his ears in conference. I remember being a youth and having the chance to wave to him through the window. Just to be in his presence the spirit was so strong and you knew he was a prophet of God. My testimony of the prophet grew as I read his biography a few years ago and reading about how he served those around him from such a young age. Right now is a perfect opportunity to Kneel and pray to receive revilation about the new prophet so that we each can sustain and support him. Please don't miss out on the opportunity to have the spirit testify that to you.



We also had a 9 to 9 as a zone. Which means we knock on doors and find people to talk to from 9am to 9pm. We switched companions a few times throughout the day and went to different areas. So I spent the first part of the day with Sister Heaton and we went to Veneta. We drove into town and just started talking to everyone! It was such a neat experience we got to know so many people that they started saying hi to us when they would pass us again. We also met a guy who as soon as I recited the first vision about Jospeh Smith knew that it was true and wanted to learn more. 



That evening I went with Sister Clarke and we knocked on doors near campus. 

It was a neat experience to just not worry about anything and enjoy the work. Our Zone found alot of success and had fun getting to know each other better. 



On Saturday we had a lesson with Phil we taught him about the commandments because his baptism is coming up. He was so happy and enjoyed it all. On Sunday morning while Sister McArthur and I were studying we got a phone call.... It was Phil he was in tears telling us he just wanted space right now and that he is really sorry. He knows what the spirit feels like and he said he can never deny that feeling that he gets when members of the church go into his home or when he comes to church. I was completely heartbroken. The hardest thing about being a missionary is when someone you have come to love decides that this is not what they want right now. We talked to Phil for a bit and he said he didn't want it to be goodbye so we asked if we could call him in a week to see how he and his wife and doing. He said that would be alright. Satan is working so hard on Phil right now and he doesn't have a ton of support from his family.



So after we got the call we kneelded down and prayed. I felt so much peace and I know Phil will be baptized this is just something he needs to work through at this time. Our bishop has been so involved with Phil and that has brought alot of comfort to me as well. 



We went out working before church and met this guy Sandy. He asked us if we do lessons or Bible studies! Who does that? Of course we have lessons I came our here to teach the gospel! We invited Sandy to church and he came for all three hours! 



Paula also surprised us and came to church. She has been taking lessons from missionaries for about a year and it was her very first time coming! What a surprise! It was also Stake conference this week but both Sandy and Paula felt the spirit so strong and loved coming! 



This week we also met with a lady Kal! We met her last week walking home from church. She hasn't thought about religion much but is so open to learning more about it. We were excited to be able to teach her how to pray. She loves being outdoors and we were able to teach her while sitting in the middle of the park on a perfect blue sky, sunny day!



I am so greatful for the many miracles I have been able to witness as a representative of Jesus Christ. He is all over the little details of our lives. Even this morning as we tried to vacuum out car and the vacuum wasn't working. We decided to pray and then it worked. It was just a reminder that God is in the little details of our lives he knows us and loves us so much to help us even with the small insignificant things like fixing the vacuum. 



I am greatful for this Oppertunity to be on a misison and I thank each one of you for your love and support.

I also wanted to wish my two little sisters a Happy Birthday! I love you both a ton and hope you a fantastic birthday! 

Love you all! 

Love 

Sister Leavitt
Met a man In Veneta who built his own yellow racing truck

Sister Heaton and I with the batman garage!

Sister McArthur and I with the Basting little girl. She drew a picture of the three of us together 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017