"Are you the Mormonites",

Sister Leavitt in Cottage Grove Oregon
Dear Family and Friends!
As you know on Tuesday I got my new companion Sister McArthur. Now this Sister is on FIRE! But before I get into that I just wanted to share how amazing transfer day was because I was able to see Sister Datwyler my Trainer before she died. (which is a term missionaries use when a missionary goes home from their mission) It made my day we just hugged and cried and I told her that I didn't know how she put up with me the first 12 weeks on my misison but we laughed about it. She is the best trainer ever and she will be missed.






















I was also able to see Sister Fiagle who I was in the MTC with. 

I hadn't seen any of my MTC sisters since I got out here. 

OK now about my Companion how she is on fire! Everyone kept asking me if I was excited to be with her and I just kept saying "I don't know her but I hope she is ready to work because I'm ready to kill It here in Cottage Grove!" So she got here I think she has been working me more than me working her. We have the same desires and goals and it helps so much when you both want to be out here serving the Lord! 

She has taught me so much and we just have fun together. Our first full day together we did something called spirit walking. It's like tracting but instead of knocking on every door door we walk down the street and knock on the homes that we feel prompted to do so. The power of the Holy Ghost is so real. We met so many people and had great conversations we even missed dinner because we lost track of time. Oops. 

On Thursday the new missionaries came into the mission and we were able to go sing to them. The spirit was so strong and as we sang Army of Helaman it just reminded me how like the striping warriors I was taught the truth by my parents and I do not doubt that they know the gospel is true. 

Funny Stories? Oh we have got a ton this week. 
Sister McArthur raced some kids down the street. We have handed out the Book of Mormon at drive thrus. We knocked on a guy's door who asked if we were the Mormonites! That one made my day! 










Phil came to church this week which was absolutely amazing! He is so excited about being baptized he kept telling everyone at  church about it and making sure they can make it. He is such a sweet old man and his  wife Carole is a sass. Yesterday they shared their goals with us about coming to church together and reading the scriptures as a couple. 

This week as we were teaching Destanie her Sister Makayla sits in on the lessons and just listens. But as we started asking Makayla her thoughts she had lots of questions. Although she said she will never be a Mormon she agreed to hear the lesson about the plan of Salvation. Which Destanie is so excited about and its Destanies favorite! 

Miracles are happining everyday! Missionary work is my favorite because you get to know so many people and hear how God has been in their life! 

Something that I have been doing in my studies is studying about the Savior through the Topical guide. When we put the Savior in the Center of our lives and rely on him he is always going to make sure things work out. What will you do to make Christ the center of your life? I hope you all take a moment to think about it! My Savior means everything to me and I could not be who I am without him. I wouldn't be able to look forward with hope and desire to live with my Heavenly Father if it wasn't for the atonement of Jesus Christ! I love him with all my energy and soul.

Thank you for everything each one of you do to support me. I love you so Much! 
Love 
Sister Leavitt 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017