I can't believe how fast time goes. It has been a fast 6 weeks as transfers are tomorrow. I am staying here in Cottage Grove but my Trainee Sister Evans who has only been here 6 weeks is going to Klamath Falls. I will be getting Sister Cassandra McArthur. She is from South Jordan UT. She has only been out for a few months. Its kinda funny I've only had one companion so far that has been out longer than me and that was my trainer Sister Datwyler. Sister Datwyler actually goes home this week so that's kinda sad. Hope I can see her one more time before she fly's to Utah.
Whats New?
We also found a new investigator. So what I like to do in missionary work is when ever we try to contact anyone I like to knock the door left, right and then across the street. We had a few referrals this week and as we went to contact them we met a sweet lady Michelle who has worked with People from the church in the past. She had lots of questions and it was awesome being able to answer them for her.
Funny Story: This week I was in the restroom and Sister Evans jumped out behind a door as I walked out and scared me so bad I screamed so loud. I thought not living at home with my brother things like this wouldn't happen anymore but I guess when you get close with a companion it still happens. Good thing someone is covering my brothers job for him. haha but its okay because I definitely got her back that night.
Christmas was absolutely amazing! So after we called you our families we talked with the Hadleys. It was nice to have them there so I had someone to talk to while Sister Evans was still on her call. Because she has a split family she had 45 minuets with each parent. I let the Hadleys know you were grateful for them and they were just so happy to let us come to their home for Christmas. We then went to Creswell where we watched a movie in a member families home with the Elders. This family was seriously the cutest they have 4 little boys who entertained us the whole time with legos and then we watched the lego batman movie. The 4 boys quoting it and singing the songs while dancing made it so much fun. Also their dad is a chiropractic and he adjusted my neck and back. What a great blessing and Christmas gift I didn't realize how bad I needed it. Then we went to the Myers who are members here in cottage grove for lunch. It was fantastic such good food. They also gave us Christmas gifts which was super sweet of them. Then we headed over to a family's home again in Creswell for dinner. We got there kinda early but they have 7 kids and one on the way. Most of the kids play the violin so I played with one of their cute little girls and we played Christmas songs. They had a talent show afterwards and all their kids either played the violin piano or sang. They were so Cute!!!
I hope you have all got the chance to make some 2018 goals! I know I have been thinking about it a lot. I definitely want to give all I've got to the Lord because I go home this year. This time is so precious to me and I am so blessed to be here in Oregon. One goal I made was to read the Book of Mormon everyday.
Ezra Taft Benson said "There is power in the Book which will begin to flow into your lives the moment you begin a serious study of the book. You will find greater power to resist temptation. You will find the power to avoid deception. You will find the power to stay on the strait and narrow path. The scriptures are called "the words of life" and nowhere is that more true than it is of the Book of Mormon."
I too testify that it is true. There is so much Power in the Book of Mormon. If you have not read it at all or in a while I invite you all to do so. The Book of Mormon means everything to me I would not be who I am without it I would not understand my Savior or his role without it. It has become my most valuable possession. And I know it will become yours as well when you sincerely read. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful year in 2018!
Sister Leavitt

Comments
Post a Comment