I'm a Mormon and I do eat chocolate! -February 5, 2018
What a week! We had Zone Conference on Tuesday we had 4 or 5 zones all there together it was a blast to see everyone there. We talked about online prosolyting and hearing how other missionaries have been using it as well. It was nice to get new ideas.
President Orton talked about the power of the Book of Mormon and my favorite part was when he had all the misisonaries who will be leaving this Transfer share their favorite Book of Mormon scripture. (Sister Brown was one of them) No matter who you are there is a scripture in the Book that was written just for you. I invite you all to find your scripture as you read.
We had quite a few lessons this week.
Brittney! She is the most prepared person I have ever met. The Elders came to our area at the beginning of the transfer and found Brittney but we have been having a hard time getting in touch with her. It had been two weeks since the last time we had met and man was Satan working on her! She had looked up information on the internet and thought about not meeting with us again. Then she decided she should ask her questions to us and decide from there. Ahhhh Satan get out of here! So we went over and taught Brittney the restoration and it was such a powerful lesson. As we get done she expresses how she had asked many of pastors her questions and none of them could answer them. She couldn't figure out how we knew all her answers. I told her it wasn't anything we do but that Christ's church is truly on the earth today. She told us how we filled in so many of the holes that have been misising all her life. She prayed at the end of the lesson and get this! She says "thank you for providing a prophet in these latter days!"
We asked Brittney about baptism and she is open to it in the future that's for sure but she didn't want to talk to much about it. But then she says "so when I get married I'm going to have to have 2 weddings because my family can't come in the temple right?" Shes not ready for baptism but is already talking about getting married in the temple!!! Hahaha 😂
We also had a lesson with Paula and she is on date for baptism again. We went over the baptism interview questions and she is solid on her testimony about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon!! The spirit helped her with that when the spirit touches someone's heart you can never deny it.
We had our last lesson with Kadee before she headed back for school we taught her the commandments and the blessings that come from keeping each of them. Although Kadee was just taking the lessons for her mom I feel we have gained a great relationship with her and we will keep sharing things over Facebook to help her countinue praying and reading the scriptures.
Kal! I love Kal so so so much! We met her walking home from church a few weeks ago. We had talked a bit about the plan of salvation so yesterday we taught that to her. She didn't grow up with any concept of God or religion in her life. She is so interested in knowing what we think. She is the sweetest girl ever!
![]() |
| Sister McArthur and I in Drain a perfect bright day. We didn't even need jackets! |
Funny story! You may have seen a picture I was tagged in on facebook with a chocolate cupcake! That's Kal! We doorbell ditched cupcakes and scriptures to people and I guess Kals uncle commented on her post saying "it's chocolate, they couldn't eat it..... Nice gesture on their part. Fun getting little surprises..." Kal was embarrassed her uncle said that so she deleted the post as soon as she could but I still got an email notification about it. So we texted Kal and let her know that we are able to eat chocolate! I couldn't live without chocolate! Kal messaged back and said sorry that is my very opinionated uncle. Hahaha we all got a good laugh about it.
![]() |
| Someone painted rocks and put them on our Appartment door steps. With my favorite scripture on it! |
Today I just wanted to share my testimony about fasting. I have recieved many answers while I've fasted in the past but yesterday it was like God just put the Oppertunity in my path to figure out my own questions. I know that as we give up something for the Lord he will bless us in return. There is always something more in our life that we could give up to come closer to the Lord. What more are you willing to give God?
I love you each so much!
Have a great week!
Love
Sister Leavitt
![]() |
| Zone Conference with my Chinese Sisters and Sister Fiagle |




Comments
Post a Comment