Living on a prayer! -February 19, 2018
Dear Family and Friends!
So leaving Cottage Grove has been pretty hard I didn't enjoy saying goodbye to people. So many people there have my heart and I just keep praying for them. I was however excited because they said the weather in Grant's Pass was warmer hahaha yeah snow this morning made me think otherwise. But I hear St George is in the same boat. Haha Yesterday at church it was hailing and this morning we woke up to white all over town.
The Beacon Hill ward is absolutely amazing. I got here on Tuesday and met the ward mission leader his name is Brother Jessee. He is a convert and has had many stake callings and was a bishop for a long time. So his passion for missionary work is through the roof! We walked into this room to meet him and church books are all over the selves everywhere. He has read every single one! He can pull out scriptures like nothing. He said if I ever had any questions he can answer them for me. Ahhhh I believe it!!! because he sent me a bunch of scriptures to read that were so helpful and mind blowing at the same time. He's very intimidating because of the massive information he has stored in his Brian but it's so great all at the same time. I love it! This ward is so missionary minded and there is just so much work to be done!
![]() |
| BOWLING |
One of my first days here we had a lesson with Michelei. The sisters knocked into them a few weeks ago. Her husband is a memeber but hasn't been active in a very long time. She is not a memeber and they has 2 little kids. This family has been so prepared to learn about the gospel its incredible. Michelei was explaining to us before we read in the scriptures that her father was having a hard time feeling like he has failed as a father. (He is also a member) The neat part was as we read about the tree of life I had a quote in my scriptures about the tender feeling of a father. It was just what she needed. She ended up writing down the quote and sharing it with her father.
Lila she is the funniest old lady ever. Our lesson went really well. She has been meeting with missionaries for quite some time and we were able to help her realize that she is on the edge and just needs to commit. She is praying about a date. So at the end of our lesson she shows us her chocolate man she got for valentines day. She is a widow so to see this old lady with a chocolate man cracked me up. Picture below. It's says He's sweet and decandently rich! Just as a man ought to be!
On Friday we had new misisonary training. It is such a privilege to be able to help the new misisonaries in the zone. It's so neat how you can help teach them things but they teach you as well.
On Saturday we Skyped in for a meeting of training the Sister Training Leaders. My first time seeing Sister Allred was on Skype hahaha! It was kinda fun to see Sister Allred and be companions with Sister Mousser all together on our 9 month mark! Hump day was pretty fun! Thanks for the package family! Sister Mousser and I didn't bake the cookies but we did eat the cookie dough.
So something we do in the OEM is we text miracles out and the assistants to the president send it to the whole mission. I saw a text that Sister McArthur put Sandy on date in Cottage Grove! So that was super exciting to see!
I want to share one of my favorite thoughts, when we pray we are speaking to Hevenly Father but when we want him to speak to us we read the scriptures. This to me just goes to show how important it is to be praying and reading the scriptures daily. Many of my answers come as I have read. So I invite you each to keep studying everyday and praying to your Heavenly Father.
Many good things to come! Thanks for your love and support!
Love
Sister Leavitt
Sister Leavitt & Sister Mousser have hit their 9 month Half Way Mark!
IT'S HUMP DAY!!!







Comments
Post a Comment