My missionaries names? I call them Mom and Dad- February 26, 2018

Family and friends!
What a great week! We got snow!!! Yes it was very cold and I didn't expect it but it melted by the evening time so that was nice. 

So Paula from my last area in cottage grove got baptized this week! I was able to Skype with her after her baptism and she was just glowing! It's such a blessing to be able to use technology so that I could be able to see her and talk to her on her baptism day. She is a little nervous to be confirmed on Sunday because she doesn't like big crowds. However she is so excited to have the gift of the Holy Ghost!

Paula's Baptismal Skype!

Sister McArthur and Paula w/Sister Leavitt on Skype

Paula in her whites ready for Baptism!














We had dinner with the Morrison's this week they are in our ward. This crazy world keeps getting smaller. Their son just got home from his mission in Germany. He trained Elder Dylan Parry! It's fun to be able to hear about other missionaries experiences. 
Elder Morrison whom was Dylan Parry's trainer from mission in Germany!

We had a lesson with Tom this week he is a recent convert. He was baptized about a year ago. The past few months he kinda pulled away from the church but we went over and met with him. He told us his conversion story and how the other Sister Kali Leavitt found him while he was doing laundry one day. She was actually on the phone with Tom when we got there so that was funny. Then we read the scriptures with him and the member we brought has been struggling reading the Book of Mormon as well. By the end of the lesson they both were wanting to start over and read it again! The Book of Mormon is so powerful! 

So district meeting this week was great! There are 5 of us so it's pretty small but it was way fun! We did some role plays and when I was teaching I apparently walked into a family situation who all wanted to be baptized but their sister (sister Mousser) was very upset with their decision. Let's just say Sister Mousser got so into this role play I had no clue what to do. Hahaha 

 We had zone lunch after the meeting so we could all get to know each other better. I started off the conversation by asking everyone who their favorite prophet is and why. By the end we were all sharing mind blowing scriptures. But the best part was when they asked me which prophet I would want to meet. 
I said "Captain Moroni of course. In fact I would be his wife!"
Elder Swenson "yeah me too! Come on You can't read Alma 48 and not think the same!"
 We all busted up laughing!

We had a miracle moment this week. Yesterday Sister Mousser and I were contacting a potential she had found. He wasn't home and she had knocked the whole street just a few weeks ago and everyone answered so we went to go to a different street and our car would not start! We had about 20 min until dinner so we prayed that we would talk to the person we needed to and then the car would start. So here we are on this street that sister Mousser has already knocked and we look around and decided to knock on a door. This lady answers and she was nice we had a good conversation but as soon as religion came up she was Not interested. So after that we tried to start the car again....nothing. 
So we keep walking down this street. We both felt prompted to knock on this door and this lady answers the door and we shared the Book of Mormon. She had just moved in. She said she had read the beginning part of it but when we talked about Christ coming to the Americas she wanted to learn more. It was so great!
Then we walked back to our car because dinner was in 5 minutes and our car works! The Lord is definitely in the details of our lives. Sometimes things don't work because Heavenly father needs you to be in a certain place at a certain time. 

Last night we had a family home evening lesson and at the end of our lesson Sister Moyer gave us boxes of girl scout cookies. She gave us all the details of how to get the cookies for future and she buys them by the case! I love it! Sister Mousser and I have been keeping our eyes open for those cookies since I got here. Haha 

Last story this week we had dinner with the Johnston's. He is in the stake Presidency. At our dinner message we talked about Enos and how at some point each one of us will have to ask ourselves if this is really true. And when we do that's when we will build our own testimonies and receive revelation for ourselves. Sister Johnson shared how each child born in the church needs two things to stay active in the church. 1. An Example. We each need a role model in our lives that live the gospel. That could be a parent, Grandparent, aunt or uncle. 2. They need to have received their own revelation. 
Their son asked then how do people who don't know about this church become active if they don't have a parent to model after. Well that's when missionaries come in. So many converts remember their missionaries because that is who was an example to them. I just want to say thank you to my missionaries, my mom and dad. Thank you for being and example to me of how to live the gospel to the fullest. And for helping me as I have had to seek for my own revelation. I invite you all to think more deeply about the friends around you that look to you as their example. 

I love you all so much! 
Love 
Sister Leavitt 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017