Small and Simple Things- Jan 29, 2018

Walking though the mud. 
Dear Family and Friends! 
This week we went on exchanges with the Sister Turning Leader on Campus. I still had no voice but maybe that helped people feel bad for me as I tried to talk to them. Hahaha We found at least 5 new people for the sisters to teach. So that was exciting! That night we also went to a YSA activity with some of the people the sisters are teaching. It was a blast! We played ultimate Frisbee and It was just nice to enjoy the work by building friendships and loving people. 

This week we have had some amazing miracles with finding I just wanted to share a few with you. 

1st Brandon. We met him at the gas station a few weeks ago. Sister McArthur dared me to give him a Book of Mormon and you can never not take on those challenges. So I gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he would read it when it got slow. So we have gassed up our car a few times since and every time Brandon is there! But he hasn't read it :( so here we are pulling up to the gas station and we see Brandon! We roll down the windows and start weaving to him. He runs into the the booth and comes running out with the Book of Mormon. "No I have not read the Book, will you just read it to me!" he says. So I start reading the introduction and Brandon starts asking questions. "How do I know which church to go to? There are so many!" We explained a little bit and tell him to give a call because he had to get back to work. I didn't think he would call us but as soon as we get to the church he texted us!

2nd Neil! We found Neil last week and he opened up so much to us. We went back to the return appointment and knocked twice. We got worried he wasn't home but then the garage opened. Neil had read the introduction and had questions. He also tried to drop us by saying that he was comfortable where he was at. But we still ended up talking for about an hour. We left him different passages in the Book of Mormon that we thought would help him. He said he would keep reading it. We asked if we could stop by again in a few week and he says "yes Wednesday at 3"
Haha it's just so neat to see the spirit work. We know Neil feels it and although he is unsure he is truly searching for that feeling he has had in the past. I love Neil so much!

3rd Mike! We met Mike about a week ago outside his house we asked if he had ever talked to missionaries of heard of the Book of Mormon. He said no. We didn't have any time to teach about anything but he took the book because he had to go. So we go back to visit him and literally as we pull up he pulls into his drive way! Miracle! We talk to him about what we do as missionaries and about the Book of Mormon. He is open to praying and he hasn't prayed since he was little. Mike ends up asking us what happens after he comes to know the Book of Mormon is true! We told him how he will then want to be baptized and follow Christ's example. "Cool I'll read it then" he says!

4th Kadie. She is taking the lessons before she heads back to start school again. Her mom wants her to learn more about the church because she has Mormon family members. So kadie hasn't seemed interested at all while we have taught but last night she prayed for us! Kadie isn't even sure if there is a God so this was a huge step for her. Then she asked us sincere questions like what do I pray for and then we read 2 Nephi 31 with her. It was very powerful and she said she would eventually like to have the gift of the Holy Ghost!

Also update on Paula! We have a lesson with her this week and she pulls our her journal and takes notes about our lesson! Hahaha it was so cute! We told Paula how we would go over the baptism interview questions with her again and she says she believe Joseph Smith is a prophet! I was so shocked my jaw just dropped. When did that happen? That was the reason she fell of date and now she believes the Book of Mormon is true too! The spirit is just working with her so much. Paula also had tea on the table and Sister McArthur tells her she needs to not drink it anymore. "Just tell me what I can and can't have and I'll do it!" she says. It is so neat to watch people's desires and hearts turn to Christ as they make changes in their lives! 

As you can see the Lord is just preparing people left and right here in Cottage I could go on and on but I just want to share with you my testimony of the small things that make the difference. I loved the talks that were given yesterday about what truly makes us happy and that is by living the gospel. Reading our scriptures daily and praying brings protection and helps strengthen our relationship with our Heavenly Father. When we share the gospel with others that is when we find joy and happiness. I know that to be true I never been happier than here serving everyone around me and also my Lord. It may not be easy at times but it is always a blessing to see his work unfold.

Alma 37:6 
"small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise."

I love you all and thank you for helping me get here today. 
Love 
Sister Leavitt



Sister McArthur and I and Makayla (she dropped us this week saying she didn't want lessons. But she said she would still sit in and listen to Destanie's recent convert lessons) I think she will need some time but we are all super close love that girl! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017