Temple Week!- March 19, 2018
![]() |
| Sister Leavitt & Sister Mousser |
Well it's only been a few days since I wrote last but it's been a good couple days. So Thursday was our temple trip! Sister Sharp is so amazing we went and had lunch and then we went to the temple. The temple is everything I needed this past week. I went in with many questions and I was greatful for the time I was able to sit and ponder upon them. I had an amazing experience where a sweet old lady was going through the temple for her first time. She was baptized about a year ago and her health has gone done since. She is losing her memory and she was so scared she wouldn't remember the experience she had. But I have never seen someone so beautiful. The light just radiated off of her.
After the temple Sister Sharp took us to get ice cream! It was a blast!
Saturday was a long day! But a fantastic day! We did a Zone 10-9 which is when we go trating from 10am to 9pm! So in the morning we got together as a zone and set goals and then we went out and worked so hard. Sister Neeley and I were together in the morning we went to the Murphy Creek (the Zone Leaders area) It was so much fun getting to know sister Neeley better and helping her use her personality and excitement in missionary work. I feel she is growing so much as a new missionary.
Then around 1 we switched areas and companions again. Sister Mousser and I were companions and we went to riverside area (the sisters area.) We didn't have much time there but we were able to find this man named Bob. He is legally blind but still reads his bible everyday! We asked him if he would be willing to read part of the Book of Mormon in his morning schedule. He said he would and we asked him if he would be baptized when he came to know it was true and he said YES! It was so amazing! Then we headed off to a lesson with Lila! Lila is still preparing to be baptized but we may have to move the date back a week because of an event she may be at that day but she still wants to be baptized. When Lila cane to church on Sunday she asked Brother Sharp to baptized her and we didn't even have to remind her! This is the closest she has ever been to baptized because she had been on date many of times in the past.
Then we had a Zone dinner and Sister Mousser mom got us pizza! It was a blast hearing the miracles everyone was having throughout the day. Then after dinner we switched it up one more time.
Sister Castañeda and I went to Redwood area and met quite a few people. We did however run into a man who tried to destroy our testimonies. While I was a bit fired us, Sister Castañeda started bearing her testimony and the spirit in that moment was very strong. This man had nothing to say when she spoke he was completely silent. The power of the spirit is amazing and I was greatful I was able to hear her strong testimony.
To say I was tired after that day is an understatement. I slept so well but the next morning Sister Mousser told me she felt like she got hit by a truck and I looked like death! Hahaha
Sunday was a mircule it was ward conference and we had so many people show up! We had 7 investigators there! Things are amazing I love being in Beacon Hill so so so much!! Our ward misison leader is like a father to us he always makes sure we are taken care of. The ward members are the most missionary minded members I have ever met! And there is so much potential and work to do!
Ps Destanie went to the Portland temple this week and she loved it! She sent me pictures from her trip!
I love you all lots! Have a great week!
Love
Oh I love my mission mom! I can't wait to just sit down and tell you everything. Yeah I can try typing it all out but I just can't wait to sit and tell you it! The mission is the best thing I have ever done! And I have met life long friends. Also extra fathers like Ed and my ward mission leader who tell me they will have to interview any guy I ever date in the future. Also Sister Mousser and I talk about being best friends when we get home too. I was thinking about my patriarchal blessing this week how it says I will have close friends to hear me up. Now I know those friends are the ones I've made on my mission. Thank you for helping me get on a mission!


Comments
Post a Comment