Tune into the Holy Ghost- March 5, 2018
Dear Family and Friends!
What a good week! We have been able to contact so many people that we haven't been able to do in a while so hopefully that means lots of lessons for this upcoming week. So next week we will have p day of Thursday due to the temple trip. Just thought I would let you all know ahead of time.
This week we had a lesson with Lila. She is the cutest old lady ever! We asked her if she prayed about being baptized on April 7th and she said she did. She feels She just needs to make up her mind and do it. Sister Hopson from the ward came with us and it was perfect. She helped Lila get excited about being baptized making plans of who she would invite and the people she knows in the ward. Then they picked out songs to sing and sister Hopson is going to bring cupcakes. The whole program was pretty much figured out by the end if the lesson.
We had exchanges with the sisters this week. Sister Castañeda and I were together in our area. It was my first time leading out in exchanges. It went pretty well. So apparently this area has a rumor that's it's hard to find new people to teach. So on exchanges I was determined to beat that mind set. We both set goals to find 2 new investigators and invite 1 person to be baptized on a doorstep. The Lord is so incredible and provided for us to reach our goals!
So the first lady we met was Kari. She was so greatful when she found out we weren't Jehovah witnesses. She has felt that she has needed God more in her life and that her boyfriend could use it as well. We shared the Book of Mormon with her and she said she would read it. Than she asked us about church when and where so she could come. She opened up and shared with us some trials that she is facing it was a very special moment as she teared up and that we could be there to comfort her. Kari is so amazing!
Before I go on with exchanges I have to finish the story with Kari. So I talked a lot about her to sister Mousser and how she was coming to church. And when she didn't come to church I was a little embarrassed because I felt she was so solid. We went back last night and Sister Mousser got to meet her. We taught the restoration and as we walked out Sister Mousser was just as excited about Kari as I was. I can't wait to teach her more.
The next person I wanted to talk about from exchanges is Cody! Backstory: Sister Mousser is a pro and inviting people to be baptized on a doorstep. Me on the other hand am not. So I knew when we set a goal to invite somebody it would be stretching myself. So Cody! He was not interested at first but than as we talked to him about his beliefs he has studied a lot about religions. So we shared the Book of Mormon with him and he said he would read it. I asked him 3 or 4 times if he really would read it. After saying yes he finally said "What is this? Do not many people say they will read it?" I started laughing "no we hand out quite a few but I just wanted to know if you will keep your word" he laughs and says yes he will keep his word. Then we invited him to pray after he reads and asked when he comes to know it's true if he will be baptized? And he said yes! I am super excited to meet him again and teach the restoration!
So exchanges were great and it was nice to be able to get to know the sisters better. We made cookies that evening and sat and talked so that's always nice.
So Sunday was good we taught the lesson in gospel principals and relief society was amazing. The theme of the day was tuning yourself into hearing the spirit. If you have felt "love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance" than you have felt the spirit before. I am grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost that he can be my constant companionship to lead me where God would have me go. We must learn to recognize that voice and than be willing to act on it. Many times people fear to listen to the spirit because they don't want to feel they are losing themselves. But as you listen to the spirit you will become your true self. I invite you each to listen to that voice and I promise that as you do the Lord will guide you and you will continue to feel peace in your life.
I love you all thank you for your examples and support.
Love,
Sister Leavitt


Comments
Post a Comment