He is Risen! April 2, 2018
Dear Family and Friends!
What a crazy busy week! Transfers were on Tuesday and Sister Mousser and I ran around helping move luggage and such. It was pretty fun because Sister Clark my previous Sister Training Leader was with us for some time. She is also from Saint George and went to Desert Hills. It was great to catch up and go to lunch together.
Later Sister Mousser and I had a party trating. There is a famous house in Grants pass known as the chandelier house. They hang chandeliers from the trees outside and at night they turn them all on. So while we were on this street I of course had to meet the people who live there. It started one day when the dad just decided he wanted to hang a old chandelier outside. Then it's just kept building now people will drop off lights randomly at their house. Hahaha
So we met Payton who lives there and he was so cool! He had a book of Mormon already and had started to read it once but he said he would start over again!
![]() |
| Sister Leavitt, Lila, Sister Mousser |
Lila had her baptism interview this week! She is all set and ready to go.
We all wore pink that day so I made her get a picture with us!
We had a lesson with the Calves family on Friday and we had an Easter message. We read 3 Nephi 11 all together when Christ came to the Americas and taught the people. Then we showed them the video of Because of Him. The spirit was so strong and they expressed how greatful they are for second changes. They both want their kids and the mother be baptized so bad. When we talked the Father set his own goal of taking his family to church and getting work off so he can do so.
We also had a lesson with Riley this week. We taught him the beginning of the plan of Salvation. It was so much new information to him. He had never thought about living with God before coming here. And we were able to teach him more about what the Savior has truly done for us. Brother Van Valkenburg joined the lesson and he was able to speak to Riley on the right level that he needed. I love when lessons are completly lead by the spirit!
General Conference!
What can I say? The Church is TRUE! We have a living prophet on the earth who is called by God. I had so many thoughts as I watched. Most conferences I like to come up with questions to think about as I watch. Well I have struggled so much thinking of questions. I had only 2 because they were ones our mission asked us to think about. How can I Become a Better misisoanry? How can I become a better leader?
I felt as I listened I got answers to things I didn't know were my questions. It was filling in missing pieces I didn't know I was missing. I had been thinking so much about being meek. It was an attribute I have been wanting to study and I don't really know where to start to study about it and then Elder Bandar shared that Christlike Attribute! Meek is strong, active, courageous, modest and gracious.
During the Sunday morning session we went to the Van Valkenburg. They got us donuts and Easter baskets. So when we got to their house 15 minutes before conference started they told us it started early! I was so confused and thought to myself isn't this the same song the chior sang yesterday, and the same person praying? Sister Mousser and I thought they were pranking us. Come to find out they missed Saturday sessions and accidentally clicked on those to watch instead. Haha they pranked themselves and we fell for it too!!!
![]() |
| Sister Mousser & Sister Leavitt on Easter morning! |
I am so excited for the new changes in the church! In fact I am more than excited because of the ministering program coming in! As a missionary those are the exact things we do. We pray and ponder about what the needs of people are, we don't just teach to teach them the assigned lesson. I just thought how much more members will be learning to be missionaries! And getting the Young Women more involved is great! Lexie we could be companions when I get home!
Thank you for all the emails and insights of your thoughts on General Conference! I invite you all to read them again and study them when they come out! In fact it's not just me that invites you but the prophets and apostles did as well! I hope you continue to study and learn more from the living prophets!
Love you all!
Love
Sister Leavitt
Response after a letter from Makayla aka; Mom,
(preface; somehow our records for our family were moved out of ward and into a ward in Washington Ut. It took a few weeks for it to be fixed as it was conference weekend! April fools on all of us!!)
Do y'all move????
My lds tools says we are in a completely new ward and area. And our address is wrong. I just want to say that's not a very funny April fools joke I freaked out to sister Mousser when I saw it. At first I thought the stake got reorganized and them I realized I couldn't find grandma and grandpa or anyone else that use to be in our ward. I checked our address and it is wrong some how we are in the crimson ward. Might want to check that out hahaha
That's awesome to hear Laniee did great at her recital! The pictures were cute.
Lexies still going on lots of dates that's good to hear!
Sounds like Easter was a blast and Chase & Liz played a pretty good prank on y'all pretending to get engaged. I was pretty disappointed it wasn't real. He didn't get me though because I scrolled before reading it oops. But man the pictures looked so real!
I hope you enjoyed general conference as much as I did. In fact it was everything I needed. Sister Mousser and I ran into a hard core bible bashers who just kept trying to destroy our testimony and I was very upset about it but as I watched General Conference it brought so much peace in my heart. I don't know if you realized after the sustaining someone of course got up and yelled, but the song that came right after that was inspired "where can I turn to peace?"
I also loved the talk about sacrifices. Because Christ sacrificed himself for me, helped me have a desire to serve a mission. So many other people have sacrificed a lot for me to be out here and because of that I want to sacrifice a little more and give it all I have out here on the mission. Thank you for the sacrifices you have done for me.
I love you and hope you have a wonderful week!
Love
Sister Leavitt



Comments
Post a Comment