Let the Lord Lead, April 16, 2018
Dear Family and Friends!
Another fun week flew by! This week I met the sweetest lady Britta and her little girl Penny. They were outside her house and when we asked if she had met missionaries before she said that her friend in Washington kept telling her that she was going to send us! Hahaha we had no idea but we came to find out that Britta doesn't have any friends or family near by and she had been going through a hard time. We talked outside her house for a while as her little girl played. Penny found some flowers and picked all the pedals off of them and then snuck behind me and put them in my bag.
We had a lesson with Lila this week and as soon as we walked into her house you could feel the change. The spirit was already there and it was strong. Lila is already doing Missionary Work and one of her friends wants to meet with us!
So on Wednesday during our morning studies we got a text it was from a part member family and the wife said her husband just watched the movie Paul the Apostle and decided he wants to be baptized. He doesn't have a church so he is looking into many different ones. His wife got him to agree to take the discussions!
We had a lesson with John this week he is going through alot of trials and health problems but he was more than excited to show us the Doctrine and Covents book he got from his grandmother when she passed awsy it was from 1906. John is now excited to read it after we told him more about it.
On Wednesday at dinner we got asked to do an act for the ward variety show. It was put on by the Young Women to raise money for girls camp. They had a lot of fun skits and songs. So Sister Mousser and I decided we would do a dance to a remix of "Called to Serve." We spent our personal time at night coming up with a dance for this song. On Saturday night it was our big performance! We had a few non members show up! It was a great time for the community to come together and have fun. The ward absolutely loved our performance. Sister Franco (the one who organized the event) helped us out alot! She got all the little kids name badges that said "future missionaires" and the little kids came up and danced with us at the end.
![]() |
| Sister Leavitt & Sister Woodruff |
On Friday we had exchanges with the sisters! Sister Woodruff and I were companions for the day and we stayed in my area. We started off the day by going to the lesson with Indra and her husband. They got us lunch so we were able to spend some time getting to know them. We taught the Restoration and he said he would read the Book of Mormon. The spirit was definitely there and he had some great questions to ask us. Indra was also able to share her conversion story with us.
The rest of the day Sister Woodruff and I stayed so busy we contacted quite a few people that have been hard to get a hold of and set up some lessons. Trating with her was a blast I knew that no matter what one of us would say something at the door. I learned alot from her as well! It was a fun time!
We had a lesson with the Calves family and we taught the 10 commandments and taught them ways to remember each one. They grew up learning the commandments so they had a blast with it! This lesson we told them everything that needed to happen before they are able to get baptized. I think it was really helpful for them to see a timeline and our vision for their family as well. We then enjoyed the evening with them as they had us over for dinner. Hawiians making teriyaki chicken let me just say it was sooooooo good!!!
This week I was studying the conference talk "what lack I yet." It was a great reminder to me to continue to ask then act and improve. The course to becoming a disciple of Jesus Christ is a course of steady improvement. So we need to continue to work on our weakness and allow the Lord to mold us into who he wants us to be. But I'm sure that there are some of you out there who feel they have so much they already need to improve on, how can you pray and ask God to show you more things to improve on? To you I want to share; "Sometimes we need to ask what we are doing right so that the Lord can lift and encourage us. When we read our patriarchal blessings, we are reminded that our Heavenly Father knows our divine potential. He rejoices every time we take a step forward. To Him, our direction is ever more important than our speed."
I love you all and hope you know the Lord loves you so very much!
Love
Sister Leavitt
![]() |
| Sister Leavitt using her cosmo skills to cut Sister Castaneda's hair. Sister Woodruff in the background. |
Response from a letter sent to Makayla;
I was so proud to see the video with the bird! I loved it! Also this week Sister Mousser found a spider above her head I'll send you a video of me killing it. Hopefully it will send
Man this week sounded like it was crazy for you guys at home. I'm so glad Lexie didn't hurt herself to bad. That scared me watching it. Glad she is doing alright.
Thats crazy to hear the washer and dish washer went out. That's not fun at all! Dad talked about how you forget how nice things are until you loose it. I felt that this week.
On Monday we got a call that we may not have a car anymore and would have to share with the sisters. Sister Mousser was so upset because she has been in a car share her whole mission and it has been so hard. For me I thought it would be kinda fun because more people would see you as you walk more but yes it would come with challenges. Anyways it was kinda hard to work on Monday after finding out I felt like I had to drag sister Mousser out to work. I found some wishes on the side of the road and made her blow them out. I'll try sending that video too. Anyways good news came as we get to keep out car.
I did however think i would get to bike. Guess mama is always right you said I might have to.
Thanks for the pictures and videos I love getting them each week!
I hope you're doing well and know I love you tons!
Love
Sister Leavitt


Comments
Post a Comment