Happy Mothers Day! May 14, 2018

Family and Friends! 
Calling my Family! 

What a Joy it was to be able to talk with you all yesterday. I loved seeing your smiling faces and the love and support of you all.  I know I already told most of you about my week but here are more of the details....

On Tuesdays it was transfers. Sister Mousser and I went out for lunch before the transfer van came and picked her up. I cried saying goodbye to her. I have appreciated her allowing me to exspress my feelings and that we could both be completely open with each other. She has taught me alot and I know we will be friends forever. At the transfer spots I was able to see Sister Evans (my trainee) who just finished training as well. I haven't seen her in a few months. It was a blessing to talk with her again. 

So my new companion is Sister Bodtcher and man does this sister have so MUCH faith! She is hard working and we laugh and enjoy the work every minute. Every night we feel we can not take another step because of the amount of effort we put into each moment. It's only been 6 days and we have seen huge Miracles!

We were able to meet with Shanna this week. She is struggling with the thoughts of the Book of Mormon but she has such a desire to teach her boys to rely on their Savior Jesus Christ. We read the bible with her and explained more about Matthew 3 when Christ was baptized. She loves learning more about the scriptures and we explained more about 3 Nephi when Christ teaches the people to be baptized. She is super excited to read it and continue learning! 

We met with John this week and taught him about the Plan of Salvation. We invited him to be baptized and he really wants to. The only hold up is he lost his apartment a few weeks ago and is living in a trailer home but currently doesn't have an address. So once he finds a place to park his trailer then we can set a date with him. 

On Thursday I was telling Sister Bodtcher about a girl named Hailee who I honestly haven't been able to meet much with. Sister Mousser told me about Hailee and her name has stuck with me for a long time. I met her once on a doorstep. And then another time, the day she brought her new born baby home from the hospital. Because of that we waited a few weeks to contact them so they could get settled in. Hailee is dating Rod (a not active member who was baptized when he was about 15.) We texted to see if we could set up a time to meet. She asked if we could come over that evening! We had such a fantastic lesson as Hailee told us how she got a picture of the Slat lake temple in the mail when she was 12 and has always wanted to get married there. We told her the importance of the temple and how she can be sealed with her family for eternity she loved that idea! We then told her how she would need to be baptized and that baptism is the first step. She asked us everything she needed to do to be baptized and we put her on date for July 7th! 
The Grants Pass Zone 9 to 9 

On Saturday the whole Oregon Eugene Mission did a 9 to 9. Its where we knock on doors from 9am to 9pm. We switched up companions and went to different areas. So Sister Castañeda and I were companions for the first part of the day we went to the Elders area Murphy Creek. We met some amazing people one who said at first he didn't believe in a God but as we talked more about the Plan of Salvation he was really interested in reading more. Then Sister Woodruff and I went to Merlin which doesn't have much out there but it was quite the adventure and people were very nice there. Then Sister Bodtcher and I went to the Riverside area. We knocked into a man named Tim. Who was on track to be baptized at one point. But after trials of storms passed through his life and eventually having to move because of him home that was burnt down, missionaries lost track of him. We were able to help Him and put him back on date for baptism as well! 

The Lord is so good! I live such an amazing life as a missionary. Yes, times are not always easy but is always worth it. 
Sister Bodtcher and I and the Franco's kids

I wanted to share with all of you the story of the two thousand stripping warriors. Their fathers had taken an oath upon themselves that they would not take up their arms to fight. And when the Lamanite army came to attack, their sons who had never faught took up their arms to defend their family. I wanted to share with you 

Alma 56: 47-48 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it.

It continues to say in the next chapter that they were firm and undaunted and that they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness according to their faith. Because of their obedience not one soul was lost in the war. 

I do not doubt that my parents and my mother know the truth of the message of the restoration of the gospel. And I too know it is true. I know that the Lord with protect me as I am out here on a mission according to my faith and obedience. I know the Lord will use me as an instrument in his hands as I turn my will to His. I know that the Lord can use you as an instrument as well. He needs you on his team of bringing souls unto Christ. 
I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week and look for opportunities to share the gospel. 
Love 
Sister Leavitt 
My bedroom wall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017