Sick Week- April 30, 2018

Clay sculpture made by Peach
Family and Friends!
So as the title of my emails said it has been a sick week! Yep on Thursday, the day we do weekly planning I got so sick. I slept almost the whole day and that whole night. It was not fun. Plus I felt bad because Sister Mousser ended doing most of weekly planning by herself while I was on the floor just trying to keep my eyes open and give input. 

So even though it was a slow week, we still had some pretty good time to go out knocking on doors and see miracles! 

We got a referral this week from California for a man named John. So we went over there to meet him. He is living out of his van right now. His wife died about a year ago and because her father had given her the land their house was on, and she died before her father, He ended up homeless. His company he owned since then eventually fell part. Now he is where he is and 2 weeks ago found out he has a terminal disease. John is a Miracule! His sister is Mormon and gave him the whole set of scriptures so he could read from. He loves studying from the Doctrine and Covenants. As I'm sure you can guess he had many of questions about the Plan of Salvation. He has made so many changes already in his life to come closer to God. But his big concern was baptism. He was baptized at 15 years old (not sure into what church) but felt he did it for the wrong reasons. A man told him his answers to prayers wouldn't come unless he was baptized so selfishly for what he was asking for in his prayers he was baptized. He wants to be baptized again for the right reasons this time! It's moments like this in the most humble of moments you feel how sincerely God is there for each of his children. I am so excited to teach John more and to help him find peace in this time of his life. 
Clay sculpture made by Peach

The other Miracule of the week was a lady named Peach! We knocked on her door and she was the most happy person I have met in a long time. She had clay in her hand and we could see into her house this eliphant head she was sculpting! It was incredible. She welcomed us right in to see her artwork. She is amazing and has won lost of art shows as well. Come to find out she is dating a Mormon from Utah! What!? And she has read about half of the Book of Mormon and then misplaced it. So we were able to give her another one. She said she would definitely keep reading it. Goes to show yet again the Lord knows the places you need to be at the perfect timing. 

The scripture I want to share with you today is from 3 Nephi 13:31-33 

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.

This scripture has come to my mind many of times this week and the main message I get from it is to trust in God. Trust in him enough to know he will provide for you if you will keep the commandments. I'm greatful for the knowledge God has as he knows what we each truly need when we may be down and struggling. 

I love you all so much and hope you're doing well! 
Love 
Sister Leavitt 
Sister Leavitt & Sister Mousser



Reply from Sister Leavitt to Makayla;
Hey Mom! 
Thanks for replying to my many questions! I asked alot I know. Thank you for finding the sallys information out for me. 

Yes mothers day is coming up! I am excited! So I'm not quite sure how it's going to work with transfers and stuff coming up but hopefully by next Monday I will have details. Is there a time that works better for you on that day? 
Also we are going to the Oregon caves next week. Not sure how much time I will get to email. But I will let you know when I will be calling home. 

I'm glad to hear you got your clothes washed this week. I'm excited to see 6th we growth in Santa Clara but also concerns me that our ward may be splitting. Do you think that will happen? 

I am so glad to hear the family came in town this week. What a fun time!

How have I grown spiritually? That is a loaded question. And I feel it is something I have no clue how to answer. Everything I do each day has helped me grow spiritually. There are many times where a slammed door or someone bashing you makes you take a step back and think, do I really believe this. Each time I have questioned, I continue to study and pray and my faith becomes a stronger, sure, foundation. Sometimes we are afraid to let the Lord change us. We fight and say "I like who I am" but when we are willing to let the Lord change us he transforms us into someone better then we ever thought we could become. The process of refining is not an easy one but one of my favorite scriptures is mosiah 24:15 they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord. 
And i love what Richard G Scott says about this as well. 
“The Lord is intent on your personal growth and development. That progress is accelerated when you willingly allow Him to lead you through every growth experience you encounter, whether initially it be to your individual liking or not. When you trust in the Lord, when you are willing to let your heart and your mind be centered in His will, when you ask to be led by the Spirit to do His will, you are assured of the greatest happiness along the way and the most fulfilling attainment from this mortal experience. If you question everything you are asked to do, or dig in your heels at every unpleasant challenge, you make it harder for the Lord to bless you

What would I like to say to my fellow ward members? Thank you so much for each of you in helping my testimony grow, in helping me a long the path, and for helping me to become the person I am today. You are all great examples to me and i appreciate the love and support you have shown me. The Santa Clara ward is the best! I would always hear that you get lots of Christmas love well that is true! I love you all so much! 

My testimony...
I could share so many different parts of my testimony. Like how I know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet and how he was specifically called and preordained to be the prophet of this dispensation. Or how I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and how it can truly bring others closer to God than any other book! Or how I know President Russell m Nelson is a true prophet who leads and guides the church today and that the changes he has made are truly the Lord's will. But the thing I want to share my testimony about is my savior Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ understands me perfectly. I know that he is a true friend and when he says he knows exactly what I am going through. I know he truly does. I know he is there in our greatest triumphs and I know he is there is the darkest deepest nights. I know that Jesus Christ loves us so much that he volunteered to sacrifice his life so that there would be a way possible for us to live with our Hevenly Father again. As I have studied more about the names of Christ. I have realized how the Lord has become each one of those descriptions to me. He is my Shepard that I know and love. The one who will search for us if we are lost. He is the creator, Jehovah, Immanuel. He is our Mediator who stands by our side to guide us to God. He is the Messiah the Redeemer of the World. He is my Savior and my Brother. I am forever greatful for the things Christ has done for me. The way he lived his life, he is the greatest example anyone could have. I know that as we strive to become more like him he will continue to carry us. When we need the strength and help we need to turn and use the gift he has given us-the atonement. I know he lives and we too can live again. I say these things in his beloved name Jesus Christ, amen 

I'm greatful I am able to share my testimony with you. I love you so much mom and I am greatful for everything you do for me! 
Love 
Sister Leavitt 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017