Elder Echo Hawk- June 4, 2018
I really needed the motivation and inspiration from this week. It was an amazing week! We had MLC on Tuesday and were able to talk about how to help the mission move to a higher level. Elder Echo Hawk was so great as he discussed with all of us and even took the time to get to know each one of us.
Then on Wednesday we had Zone Conference. But that morning Sister Echo Hawlk had a sisters meeting. It was a unique opportunity. At zone conference President Orton talked about prayer and how to make it more meaningful. It was a great reminder of taking the time after we pray to listen. That's when we will recieve revelation. Since I have been with Sister Bodtcher she has inspired me to have a prayer journal. And at night I write what I want to pray about and then any thoughts that come to me as I prayed. It has really helped me alot to refocus on what I want to express to my Heavenly father.
Elder Echo Hawlk spoke about the process of mission presidents being called. It was pretty neat to hear.
At lunch I was given the opportunity to sit with him and his wife. I was able to share the story about Ed and he shared his experiences with working with the Native Americans. I really enjoyed hearing his spiritual experiences.
We were able to get in contact with Hailee this week. She is going through alot but I admire her desire to become better. She absolutely loves praying! We showed her the gospel library app and she found the kids songbook. As soon as she saw it she said "I can't wait to sing these to my boys at night." She is such a good mother and loves her kids alot.
This week we were able to meet with Jenny. It's been a while since we had seen her. But it wasn't really a spicific lesson but I learned so much from her. She had taken the time to write down her conversion of finding the Lord. What a powerful story she has. She knows so much about the bible and loves the Lord so much. I'm greatful that she was open with us and that we could express how much we truly care about her as well. The biggest thing she taught me was to not fear! The Lord is on our side!
| My cow! Sister Brown a sweet old lady in our ward taught us how to embroider earlier today! |
This week Ash came to church again although we weren't able to meet with her this week. She wants to be baptized before she has to move in a few months to go to school. So hopefully we can meet with her soon.
This week Sister Bodtcher and I have been studying about overcoming Pride.
I read the talk Pride and the priesthood by President Uchtdorf. I would highly recommend reading it. In some way we have all struggled with the sin of pride but one way to overcome that is by being grateful.
Remember where your gifts and blessings come from.
Thank you for all you do for me! I'm greatful for your love and support and I enjoy hearing from you!
Love
Sister Leavitt
Comments
Post a Comment