Exchanges- May 28, 2018

Family and Friends! 
This week was a bit rough as we have been working with our investigators trying to resolve some big concerns in their lives. But with that said I know it is truly the gospel that brings families closer together. 

This week we had interviews with President Orton and it was such a wonderful spiritual experience. And as we talked with Sister Orton, she gave us each DOTS and asked what it means to us to Depend on the Savior. Man so many things rushed through my head in that moment but I shared how I felt it was to rely on him and allow him to help you through your hard times. That each of us have gone through a time when we express to a friend our challenges and they say "I know how you feel." And the thought goes through our mind, no you don't, you don't truly understand. But the Savior is our friend and he does truly understand because the atonement is so personal and he felt your feeling to understand you! Yes, we all go through similar experiences like having a death in the family and I believe that is for the purpose of fulfilling the commandment to mourn with those that mourn but each of us exspirence a completely different learning process as we goes through this time called life. 

We also had exchanges this week. Sister Woodruff and I were together and we went to her area. (Riverside area) we first taught a lesson to their on date investigator Mike! We taught him the 2nd half of the plan of salvation. It was really neat to see his understanding of Christ atonement come. He is really excited about being baptized but is concerned about giving up coffee. But the cool part was he had just read 1 Nephi 3 and so we turned to that scripture and read the promise that the Lord would help him keep the commandments! 

Then that evening we had a lesson with a 16 year old boy Michael. He is very intelligent and at age 14 really started studying the Bible. He had amazing questions that I have never thought of before. We talked alot about the natural man and how everything good comes from God. I exspressed to him how God truly works through young people like Samuel in the bible was but a "young lad." And Josph Smith was 14 when he saw the first vision. It's incredible to see the young generation searching out eternal principles.

The exchanges were really good the next morning we walked along the sidewalk of the parade and handed out Books of Mormon. We handed out 41! I was so proud of the riverside sisters for getting out there and working hard! 

I hope you all are enjoying your week! I love you lots!

Love ❤
Sister Leavitt 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017