J.O.Y.- July 9, 2018
![]() |
| 4th of July Fireworks with the Roberts |
This week was pretty busy. We started off the week at MLC (Missionary leader council.) President Orton spoke about the call for leadership. That he has alot of trust in us and that the culture of the mission truly depends on the leaders. But that that doesn't mean other missionaries are any less. There is no ladder of leadership in the church. We don't move up or down, we only move around. The Lord truly calls us where we need to serve.
President Lowary gave a great segment on ministering. What is the process of ministering? We don't have any set guide line on how that looks but I believe that its about time. Taking the time to get to know each other. Knowing a person's talents, hobbies, passions, things they have learned, success and failures. And then to see what need you can help with. Presidnt Lowary gave an acronym B.C.T.O (Behave Christlike Towards others) Behave is what we should be doing. Christlike is how we should do it. Towards is our direction. To who? Others.
The assistants to the president spoke on integrity. Its a lost charteristic now days which is super sad. I am always impressed with the story of Nephi and Zorem. Zorem gives Nephi his word and they enter into an oath. From that point on Nephi's family knew they could trust him. Now days there are thousands of papers and fine line details to read when in the Book of Mormon times someone would give their word and you knew they would keep it.
The 4th of July! I am so greatful for the blessings to live in such a beautiful place and to have freedom to choose and freedom of Religion. I did alot of reflection as I looked back to where I was a year ago. In Corvallis as a new missionary. I definitely am not the same person I was a year ago nor do I intend on being the same person I was when I get home. We had interviews with Presidnt Orton and I was so greatful for the spiritual conversation we had together. He is truly called of God and I was greatful to have the oppertunity to share with him what I have been studying in Mark 10. It was nice to reflect back with my mission Presidnt as he remembered being in Corvallis as well a year ago.
That evening we had dinner with the Roberts and we enjoyed watching a few of their fireworks before we headed in for the night. We had to be in early but the Coos Bay sisters stayed the night at our place so we played some card and board games until bed time. We enjoyed their company and making popcorn with them.
We also met with Barbra this past week she is preparing to be baptized this next week! It was a super spiritual lesson as we talked about the gospel and she shared her testimony with us about how greatful she is for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.
We tried to get a hold of Evin all week. He is 11 and was baptized about a year ago. He lives with his grandmother. So when we called her, she has had a really difficult week. And Evins parents who are not members were coming over to help put a trampoline together so we went over to help as well. As we were putting it together we realized we were missing a screw and we were pretty sure it fell in the grass. As we are all searching Evins parents go inside to see if they can find another one.
I look at Evin and ask him if he wants to pray to find it. With excitement in his Voice he says "YES! You say it." As we are about to pray his parents walk out and see that we are going to pray. I say the most simple pray ever and in my heart just pray that we will actually be able to find it. So many eyes watching us......I kid you not, 20 seconds after saying amen we find the screw. Evins mothers jaw dropped as she said "that is the fastest prayer I have ever seen answered."
It opened up a neat conversation with his parents as they shared their exspirence how God has answered many of their prayers. I testify that God does care about the small little things in life! That He hears your prayers.
True J.O.Y comes from
Keeping Jesus First. Others second. Yourself last.
I love you all and hope you have a joyful week!
Love
Sister Leavitt
![]() |
| Sister Leavitt & Sister Dalton |



Comments
Post a Comment