The Plan- June 25, 2018
![]() |
| Made it to Coos Bay! |
This week has been up been down and stretching me in new ways. On Monday night we Sister Franco threw a goodbye party for me.We had Nick and Aredelia and her sister there. Sister Franco surprised me with marshmallows and rice krispie treats to make. Haha how did she know I love those? ;) thanks mom!
On Tuesdays we had transfers Sister Sharp came and said goodbye too. Grants Pass has been really hard for me to leave. The people there have done so much for me and they are family. It was hard for me to leave Sister Bodtcher I don't think she will ever know just how much she helped me grow. She is one of my best friends and I know she will always be.
The ride to Coos Bay was long and hot as the A.C. in the car didn't work. But by the time we entered into North Bend the weather was nice and cool. I have no clue how I pulled that off to be on the coast in the summer but it's a blessing! It's absolutely beautiful here!
We are working with some pretty fantastic people. My first lesson was with a lady named Barbra apparently she was having a hard time with giving up coffee but when we met she has gone 6 days now without drinking it! Her husband also joined the conversation which was new! He said he wanted to sit in and learn more about the gospel because he really doesn't remember alot from when he was young and baptized. I am so excited to teach them both! When we asked Barbra if she would Read to 2 nephi 30 (like 5 chapters) this week she said "I might as well just finish 2 nephi by that point." Haha she is so great!
I also met Shannon and Jorge this week. They are the cutest couple with 2 little ones on the way! And their buddy dog is so funny as he just licks everyone.
We taught the restoration this week and the Bailey's (a family in the ward came with us) it was perfect as we talked alot about the Book of Mormon where it came from and how it was translated. Shannon and Jorge are preparing to be baptized! I just know how much joy it will bring into their lives.
I got a phone call this week from Sister Bodtcher. She had got permission to call me and tell me personally about Hailee from Grants Pass. Apparently Hailee and Rod were driving and ran off the road and she was killed. All day long I was denying to myself that she was actually gone but that night it hit me pretty hard that she was actually gone. I tried so many times to contact her before I left so I could say goodbye but now I know why she wasn't there. The plan of salvation has become so real to me this past week as it has brought me so much strength. I cry over the fact that Hailee left two boys here. One not even 3 months old. But why would we think it's any easier for her on the other side to be without her boys. It brings me peace to know that she had the desire to be baptized and I'm sure she is learning so much about the Gospel there in the spirit world. I was greatful for the members in my Zone who without knowing shared scriptures I needed to hear.
2 nephi 2:2 nevertheless, Jacob, my first born in the wilderness, thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall concentrate thine afflictions for they gain.
2 Corinthians 12: 7-10
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
On Saturday we went on splits with the Coos Bay sisters. I was with Sister Neely and we tracted into this lady who wasn't sure if there was a God but she has prayed in hard or greatful times in her life. She definitely believes that there is more to this life. We shared the Plain of Salvation and I started to share my testimony about how it helped me with Hailee passing away this week. Come to find out this lady also had a death occur with a close family friend and she was greatful that we came by. We have set up a time to meet with her next week so I'm excited about that.
This place is a place of miracles. I'm greatful for the opportunity I have to serve here! I hope you all are doing well and know that God's plan is so real!
Have a fantastic week!
Love
Sister Leavitt
![]() |
| Decorated the Brookings sisters car for the new missionary coming into the ONE! |
![]() |
| Sister Leavitt & Sister Dalton |
![]() |
| The sisters and us did service painting fences it was a blast! |




Comments
Post a Comment