5 Blessings of this week, July 16, 2018

Dear family and Friends!
This week has gone by so fast yet Monday feels like years ago. I have learned so much this past week and besides all the crazy schedules I am absolutely loving being a missionary. Where do I even start. 

1. Barbara had her baptism interview this week! She was a bit nervous but came out with big smiles and red eyes. I knew the Elder interviewing her probably asked her to hear her testimony because during lessons she usually gets red eyes sharing her testimony with us. Especially when it comes to talking about the Plan of Salvation. She has had alot of close people die in her life. 
After the interview we showed her the baptismal font and got her all set and ready to go. Barbara told us her son was planning on coming to the baptism. Apparently he had talked to missionaries a few days ago. Hahaha it was us! We saw him outside and talked with him for a bit and although he wasn't interested in learning more he was coming to support his mom! I am sure that was not a coincidence.

2. We had a lesson with Fernanda she is preparing to be baptized on the 28th.  
It's been a crazy week trying to figure out if that will actually be the date. She plans of being gone for about 2 months after her baptism due to summer trips so that raised some concern but through the process of talking with our mission President and Bishop she is still going forward with that date. It's times like this I am so greatful for technology. We will be able to keep her moving forward through lessons over Skype. What a blessing it is! She is so ready to make this step. During the YW lesson they talked about baptism and Fernanda gave great input how she feels she will become so involved in the church once being baptized. 

3. We hadLesson with Shannon and Jorge! They are so great! We talked about how the church was set up and ran and alot about the priesthood. Shannon was super excited because she had questions about all of it. When we talked to Jorge about receiving the priesthood once he is baptized. He asked when he can get the Melchizedek priesthood because "it is much cooler." He thought it was pretty cool that after being baptized he can prepare to pass the sacrament.

Shannon came to c huch last week and she exspressed how taking the sacrament meant so much more to her. She didn't know why but as we talked we were able to help her identify it as the spirit. 

These two are so great they read the scriptures all the time and come to each lesson with lots of questions. 

4. We had Exchanges with the Brandon sisters this week. Sister Davidson and I were together and we had so much fun. We got into discussions about the crazy things we never would have known about the scriptures if it wasn't for our missions. We also had a fantastic time studying together. Her studies have been focused towards learning and comparing the fear of man to the fear of God. In the Bible dictionary it says " fear is spoken of as something unworthy of a child of God, something that “perfect love casteth out."
I really enjoyed that thought. Sister Davidson and I were able to have some really neat discussions on doorsteps and we met a few people who just were so open about talking. One man opened the door with the biggest smile on his face! He was so excited to talk about religion in fact he had the tv paused because he was watching bible videos and them referencing them in the scriptures. It's a privilege to have the opportunity to talk to so many people! 

5. Barbaras baptism!!! 
I am so greatful for the ward members and everyone doing there part. It took alot of stress off Sister Dalton and I. Everything went so smoothly. Barbaras family came it support her and we were able to talk briefly to her son again. Shannon came and after she told Barbara thanks for being baptized so "she could see what she will be doing soon." The Elders were also able to have their family they are teaching come. I think the room was split 50/50 with nonmembers and members. The talks went super great. No problem with the baptism and afterwards Bishop Holt spoke about their next step to the temple! 

The following day Barbara was confirmed in sacrament meeting. Her husband wasn't sure if he would be able to make it due to his work schedule. But with the help of a co worker he was able to get off for that hour to come! What a blessing! Barbara was smiling so big an just glowing! 

It's been a fantastic week full of many blessings! 
I love each and everyone of you very much! 
Love 
Sister Leavitt 


P.S.
Sorry I know I ask for lots of things. But as I was studying this last week I thought about my baby blessing and I was wondering if you could send it to me. Even if it is just a picture of it that would be fantastic. Thanks Mom! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017