"Let's get Fat!" August 20, 2018
Dear family and friends,
What a great week! On Tuesday last week we went to the beach as a zone and had such a blast. Lots of the sisters were building sand castles and we played some ultimate frisbee even though it was cloudy outside.
So this week were given a list names from bishop and his wife of people in the ward to go out and find. Sister Davis and I had so much fun finding these people. One address we went to the house was completely demolished I guess that's what happens sometimes. You never know what you are going to find. We have contacted almost every person on that list. We were also able to meet sister Hershubrger. She recently moved in and she is pretty much bed ridden. But that doesn't stop her. She's got her Book of Mormon by her bedside and every Sunday she listens to 3 hours of the spoken word on tv. She had some of her members from her last ward stop by this week and she asked them to get a hold of her new ward for her. Well we were already on it because we stopped by before the message was relayed. She was so touched that God sent us to her so fast. What a huge example she is to me!
We have seen so many miracles form that list of people. And funny enough I studied Luke 15 this week. If you haven't read that in a while I would encourage you to do so. There are so many things lost out in the world, whether they wondered off on their own, or neglected by someone else or even willingly chose to leave. Our job as ministering brothers and sisters is to find out why and help bring them back. Love Luke 15!
We had quite a few lessons this week. And it's been going well lots of great things happening. Ruby white is preparing for the temple! Audra prayed for the first time. Chris and Kayla sat down and read with us. Shannon and Jorge are studying alot and praying as a couple. And Barbara and Nick! We went over to their house and Barbara was moving a box off her couch for us to sit down. It was her family history work! Since our last lesson they both have been trying to find out information and are making phone calls to relatives. It's so exciting to see them catch the vision!
After a week of enjoying eating at Thai food restrants, Alders smokehouse, BJ ice cream and Sister Davis making me muffins this morning. We feasted upon the thought in district council about feasting upon the words of Christ. When we are hungry are stomachs start to rumble and growl at us. But what happens to us when our spirits get hungry? For me personally I am short tempered and turn inward. What are the signs of your spiritual hunger? Our bodies need spiritual food everyday. We need to make sure we are filling ourselves up. It's a running joke in our district now to "Get Fat." For my soul delighteth in the fatness of the scriptures. So family and friends let's all "Get super fat" this week! Let's feast more abundantly upon the scriptures this week then go lose some weight by sharing it with those around you!
Bon joir! Mama!
Scavenger Saturday went pretty well. We usually do a bunch of splits with the coos bay sisters and i was able to help Sister Howes find her first new person to teach. It was exciting to see her joy! The objects we had to find this week was a wooden bear and cross streets staring with the same letter. I'll send pictures below.
Thanks for the package. I love it so much! It's been fun coloring and eating lots of food and I'm super excited about my journals!
Honestly anything you give the sister missionary will be special. On my mission I have been given a necklace, journals, keychain, they are all special to me because they have a memory connected to it. So honestly I think she would love anything. You could get her something unique to saint George.
(Letter to Makayla)
Sister Davis is great i love her alot. Although we don't have alot in common we get along and I have learned alot from her. I just want to help her gain confidence in herself.
I sadly wasn't able to see mitzi. The mission office had the assistant bring it to me when they were passing through. But she forgot her card from you guys so I will be sending her that.
Your week sounds like it didn't slow down. I'm so excited about the exchange student. That s so fun and I bet the girls are just having a blast. I can't believe the girls started school this week. Here it doesn't start until September. Crazy right? They are getting so old. Lexie will almost be a senior when I get home. That freaks me out.
I'm so excited to hear that Lexie got asked to the dance! That's so cute!
Okay and dad dressing up man those pictures made my day! I told him that they are going to find out it was him on the radio again 😂😂😂. Or maybe just the speakers in Wal-Mart. I think I'm funny
Things are going super well. Thanks for letting me know about Sister Allred I have a letter to send her. Do you remember her home address?
Thanks for all you do. I hope those ideas helped. I love you
I love the gospel! I love the revilation that is coming forth! I love that we are Members of the Church of Jesus Christ! And the emphises the prophet is putting on the name of the Church. I feel like we are in a way living the scripture story in the Book of Mormon of what we call ourselves. Well we have entered into a convent it's clear we are Chrildren of Christ! I love the scriptures! I love being a missionary. It truly is amazing!
I hope you are all doing well! Know I love and pray for you all!
Love
Sister Leavitt
Bon joir! Mama!
Scavenger Saturday went pretty well. We usually do a bunch of splits with the coos bay sisters and i was able to help Sister Howes find her first new person to teach. It was exciting to see her joy! The objects we had to find this week was a wooden bear and cross streets staring with the same letter. I'll send pictures below.







Comments
Post a Comment