Serving Others = Serving Him - July 30, 2018

Hey Fam!
The keystone of our religion is the Book of Mormon

We started off our week doing service at the fair. We helped the ward with their annual scone booth fundraiser! Man was it a good time! It was fun being out in the community and helping. 

This week we had two lessons with Shannon and Jorge. The first one we went over Alma 32 about faith. As we talked I realized that after their studies in the Book of Mormon and praying they still have not received the answer they are looking for. They know that it is promised and they have been doing alot to try and receive that. I think teaching the Holy Ghost on my mission can sometimes be the most difficult. We can point it out in lessons etc. But when it comes to them being by themselves....the holy ghost speaks to us all differently, personally. So it is for them to learn and understand.

The next time we went back we watched the pattern of light videos. After each one we would take a moment to write down thoughts and impressions. Then we discussed it. It was really neat to watch them find that peace that it's okay that it takes time. I love the Patten of light videos I can watch them 100 times and still receive new insight. It was neat to hear them pray at the end of the lesson asking that their eyes might be open to recognize their answers. 

We had 2 lessons with Fernanda this week as well. We started over and taught her the restoration and plan of salvation. It's been really good going over them again. I personally feel she is gaining a deeper understanding of the gospel. I love that girl so much! 

We had a lesson with Barbara and Nick. We taught the restoration again. It was great fro Nick as the last time he had lessons was when he was 14 years old. He is excited to jump into the Book of Mormon again and really gain a testimony of it. Hopefully we can get those two on the path to the temple! Barbara is just glowing with the spirit and is taking in every little bit of the gospel she can!

We were also able to do service for Wanda (she was being taught a while ago) but since she has been trying to open up her new spa she hasn't had time. Well this week we were finally able to get on over there and help her clean up the place. She planned on being moved into today. 

This week as we went out contacting....we were crossing the street and a car started coming down the hill. We picked up our pace a bit and the car started speeding up! I was so confused! I thought someone was trying to kill us. Turns out it was the Elders...they think they are funny. 

My District
So after crossing the street we knock on this man's door. Turns out he was asleep but his brother was nice and talked to us for a few minutes he wasn't very interested. But we shook his hand to say goodbye. He looked at his hand and then back up at us and at his hand again. "I usually don't shake people's hands" he said. And then he explained that he has no feeling in his hand and he hurts people when he shakes their hand because he never knows how hard he is grabbing it. He was shocked that 1. He went to shake our hands 2. That he didn't hurt us. 
This was just a small thing but for me I believe it was more. I'm greatful for these exspirence and encounters with people. Getting to hear their stories and knowing who they truly are, sons and daughters of God. 

We had our last district Council on the Beach. It was quite fun as we talked about the Book of Mormon and even made our own keystone out of wood. Looking back at this transfer it is not at all what I thought it would be, but I'm greatful for that. I was able to learn new lessons and the Lord truly does know what I need. I'm greatful to be serving here and I truly love being a missionary.  

Transfer news!
Sister Dalton is leaving the area after being here for 6 months. She is heading to my old area (Grants Pass.) I am so excited for her that place holds a huge place in my heart! She will be a Sister Training leader there and watching over my two trainees Sister Shreve and Evans. They are going to be companions!

I am staying here in North Bend and getting Sister Davis she is from Utah. 
I'm also super excited because Sister Bodtcher will be coming to this zone. I love that girl so much! Can't wait to spend more time with her :) 

I hope you are all doing well.  Remember that it is service that brings the most Joy. "For when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." 
Scone Booth 2018 and Book of Mormon Rock (Painted rocks is a buge thing here!) 
                                         

I love you all so much! 
Love 
Sister Leavitt 

Footprints in the Sand

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017