Fun Times Tracting! Sept 26,2018

On the drive to Waldport 

Dear family and friends! 
We are heading to the temple today! We won't have much time to write but just a quick update on this last week and a half or so. We had MLC in waldport. I absolutely loved it. President Orton took us to the beach to have some ponder time at the end. It was so beautiful to sit by the water and reflect on the things we had been taught and to set goals for ourselves. I enjoyed seeing alot of my past companions as well. 
My frog and I picture 

We also had interviews with President and Sister Orton. Those are some of my favorite meeting to be able to talk to President about the things we are learning. As I was waiting for my interview President Orton came out and Said "Sister Leavitt do you mind if I embarrass you for a moment?" Oh no! I thought what did I do this time?

To give you some background Presidnt Orton at a meeting a few months ago told all the missionaries to not have "frogs." (For those that dont know what a frog is, it's a crush usually between missionaries. They describe it that way because if you put two frogs in a pot and heat the water up slowly they won't jump out. But if you put a frog in hot water they would jump out immediately.) Anyways guess there are a few frogs in the mission. But at this meeting President held up Preach my Gospel and the Book of Mormon telling us that if we were going to have any frogs that it must be those. 

Every Saturday in our zone We have a scavenger Saturday where we send out a list of items to find as we are out knocking on doors. A few weeks ago the item was a frog. 
President found out that I had taken a picture with the Book of Mormon and sent it to the Zone telling them "I found my frog!" 

President Orton thought it was the greatest thing and of course put me on the spot at interviews. Everyone just laughed....yep I was a little embarrassed. 😂 
Sister Orton, me, President Orton 

We had exchanges with the Bandon Sisters this week they are in a trio so we broke up the day in three parts so we got to be with them all. Sister Mousser (one of my old companions) and I were together for the last hour or two of the night. It was so fun being out tracting with her again. We knocked into this man and as he opens the door the most celestial smell of stir-fry hits our noses. I begin telling him "we are missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints, we love sharing our message about Jesus Christ...your house smells so good." His wife starts laughing in the back ground. They just had begun eating. They were at their vacation home. Haha  beside the food we had a pretty great conversation with him. 

So we keep going when we knock on a door and the lady yells at us to come in! 
I yell "it's the Sister Missionaires."
 She has no idea who she is telling to come into her house! Sister Mousser and I look at each other again as she yells to come in once more. 
Sister Mousser opens the door and peeks her head in. "Its the Sister Missionaries" she says. 
The lady says "Oh I don't want to talk to you, get out of my house!" 
We bust up laughing as we close the door and run off her yard!
Sister Dalton, me, Sister McArthur 

Besides all the funny moments! we have met some incredible people this week. One was Brennan who sister Sheer and I met.  He is more into science but we were able to explain how science shows the what and how but the gospel tells the why behind it all. He is excited to exspirement upon the words of Christ! Yesterday Sister Davis and I met the cutest girl Gracen! She welcomed us right in and shared alot of her life story. Her and her boyfriend read from the bible together and we were able to introduce her to the Book of Mormon. I'm so excited to share more with her next week! 

I love you all and I want to thank you for supporting and encouraging me on my mission. It is the best thing I have ever done! I love knocking on doors and talking to so many about the Gospel of Jesus Christ that I love so much! I hope you all are doing well. I love you lots!
Love 
Sister Leavitt 

Hey mom and Dad! 
I didn't have much time to write you but i just wanted to get an email off to you both. I am so thankful I've got such great parents! You two do so much for me! It sounds like Swiss days was a success.  What a fun time of year. The temple was amazing and I am greatful for the opportunity to go. I hope we can all go as a family when I get back home. I will also probably need to go garment shopping as mine are pretty worn out. 
I love you both so much and hope you have a great week! 
Love 
Sister Leavitt 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017