Conference Weekend & Shout Out, Oct 8, 2018
Hey y'all! Shout out to my mom! Today's her birthday and I love her so much! I'm so greatful for her teaching me about the gospel from a young age. She has helped me to be the person I am today.
This week we had some amazing things happen. We got a referal from the Nebraska Elders. Gary is moving here to North Bend in about a month. We were able to call him and get a hold of him. He is super excited to meet with us and he has been reading the Book of Mormon. A member in Nebraska was at a park and met him and gave him the Book. Members are the best! They have kept in contact since. The cool thing is Gary has been reaching out to us and keeping us updated on what's going on.
So this week on Tuesday we thought it was missionary leadership training in Eugene. We drive to Eugene and pull into the church parking lot....all we see is our zone leaders. Where is everybody? Lucky for us a lady who was there to practice the piano unlocked the door so we could use the restroom. The Zone Leaders start scanning all their texts to see if it got moved to a different church or if it got canceled. Sure enough there was a text that it got canceled and they were suppose to let us know. Oops...we called Elder Beck (the vehicle corrninator) he told us to come visit the mission office. Busted haha! It was good to see them and since we were already there we spent some time with the Sister Training Leaders on U of O Campus! I love going on campus there are so many people to talk to! We found some amazing people there. Some I pray will countinue to learn. On our way back to the coast we drove through Cottage Grove. We stopped and got gas where Brandon was working! Brandon was a man I gave a Book of Mormon to while I was serving there. He said missionaries still talk to him sometimes. It was so neat that he remembered me and that I was able to follow up with him. I believe there is a reason things happen. And I hope something comes from our mistake trip to Eugene.
Funny story this week. We knocked into this old man's home he told us he was good but that his neghibor is going through a hard time and could use an uplifting message. So we knocked on the neighbors house and he was having a bible study. He said he is a Christian and the other 2 people there were 7th day Adventist, then us from the Church of Jesus Christ. They invited us in and we did a short study from the bible. It was cool to be able to share small pieces of the Gospel for them to think about. Sister Davis and I laughed on the way home we didn't expect our night to turn out that way. They were very kind to us and it was very neat to see different religions come together.
General Conference was fantastic! We spent a few sessions at the church and another session at the Gillis home where they fed us lots of food. It was like thanksgiving so much food and pie! Sister Davis also made muffins for me when I told her thats what my family usually eats for General Conference breakfast! What a great companion!
I am super excited about church more in the home and that we will be starting on the New testament! One of my questions this General Conference pertained to conversion and I felt like many of the talks spoke of how to deepen our conversion. The women's conference was very neat I loved the challenge that President Nelson gave us. If you counted, it's a 90 day Book of Mormon challenge. Something I personally want to do is memorize the relief society Purpose. There were so many amazing talks but I loved Jack N Gerard who said "if we are going to swift through all the voices we need to listen to the spirit." We need to look at what we can change in our lives even the good things to change and make them better. I enjoyed the concept of we need to constantly be changing or you could say constantly repenting to become like our Heavenly Father.
I was so shocked to hear about the Washington Utah temple! I am excited for the progress and the acceleration of the Church! I am so greatful for a living prophet on the earth who leads us through theses last days. Keep pressing forward and upward! I love you all so much!
Love Sister Leavitt
Comments
Post a Comment