Life is a Football Game! Oct 1, 2018


At the Temple with Sister Davis
Family! 
It's only been a few days but it's been a few awesome days! The temple was just what I needed. It is a place where I can go and upon leaving I always feel so much peace. I'm greatful to be able to go to the temple on my mission. This whole work is about the covenants we make with the Lord. I learn so much everytime I go. It's truly the House of the Lord. 

On Friday we made a trip down to Brookings to spend a day with the Sisters there. It was fun to see their area and meet people they are working with. I was grateful for the time to talk with sister Bodtcher an old companion and catch up. We went running on the beach in the morning and of course for lunch nothing better then fish tacos by the ocean. I was with Sister Hamilton for the exchange and we went to contact a former person being taught. Her name is Kayla. She has such a powerful conversion story to God. She came from a very hard background, lots of hard drugs and her first encounter with the cops was age 14. Few years down the road she has a baby and gets locked up behind bars. But she shares the story of the light that came through in that dark place. She began studying the bible and found Christ in the beautiful words of Isaiah. "though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." The scriptures are a living thing especially when we apply them into our lives. Kaylas husband sat in as we talked and he shared his exspirence that day when the spirit worked with him and God used him as an instrument. We had an amazing conversation about the Holy Ghost and never postponing promtings. 
Fish Tacos

This weekend we had a lesson with Shannon and Jorge. Now these two love their football teams more than anyone I know. When both their games are on at the same time they will put two tv's side by side so they can both watch their games. So we had alot of fun with them this week. We asked them to make sure they had their jerseys on for the lesson and they came prepared. Over prepared, they let us wear theirs too! Haha Sister Davis and I began by asking them how to play football and we related it to the gospel. 

We are all part of this team. And we've got the man in the Box who can see the whole field. He can see what's happening and He knows how to win. Just like God is watching over us. But the difference is we know which team is going to win. We all want to be on the winning team. Then we have our coach on the field he is letting us know what plays to run and what we should be doing. Sound like the prophet? I think so....and I'm super excited to be able to hear the next play we are going to run at General Conference this next week! Each week we go to practice. We get together with our teammates to build unity as a team. We help lift each other up to become stronger. Thats like church! We go for the sacrament, but why do we stay for the rest of the meetings? To be united and maybe you are at practice to help someone else become stronger. To play in this game we need to be more spiritual fit then ever before so we eat right and we work out at home. We read our scripture, pray, have family home evening, and serve others around us. We've got the playbook of the inside information to win this game and we need to study it, memorize it, we need to know it so well that when the call is made we can make the play happen! So study the playbook (scriptures) everyday! Shannon and Jorge had alot of fun with it and so did we. 
Shannon and Jorge football game lesson 

I am super excited to listen to the prophet and his words. There were alot of changes that happened last conference and I hope they will countinue to be implemented. We still have so much we can work on. I've been studying the conference ensign and I absoulty love this higher law we are moving towards. Keep pressing forward. Keep enduring and enjoy the football game as you play! I love you all so much! 
Love 
Sister Leavitt 
Elder Johnston and Law made us cherry cobbler for district council 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CALL TO DUTY!

Blow The Door Off- March 15, 2018

Zone conference! Sept 19, 2017