Text Message from God- Sept 17, 2018
![]() |
| Elder Willits being picked up from his mission by his younger brother and sister Alyse. Pictured with Sister Leavitt, Sister Davis |
Family!
This week was transfer week but lucky for us we didn't have to go because my companion and are are both staying together. We have set some goals this transfer that we are super excited about. Every morning we have decided to get out and run. We run back and forth down our street because we have different paces but it had been so nice getting out.
We met some amazing people this week
1. Shannon, we were on this street and it was kinda a scary looking street and no one was interested. I kept thinking "Heavenly Father why are we here?" I just didn't feel drawn to any of the houses. We knocked on all the doors and are just a couple feet away from our car when someone pulls up right behind us. It was Shannon. She didn't believe in a God until she went to a Christian college. She shared how that was a life changing moment for her! She has been wanting to get back to church but her job as a dispatcher keeps her away on sundays. I'm so greatful Hevenly Father helped me see why I was there.
2. Justin, we knocked on the door and his mom had him answer it he was eating an ice cream but he just let it melt down his hand as he explained how he had been searching to know if there is a higher power out there. He has started making some huge life changes in his life as he quite smoking about 6 months ago. He wants to know more. His mom from the background said "I think their church is the one that has studied alot of the native American ancestry." Yep that's us! He wants to know more and do family history!
3. Katelyn! She is 17 years old and the most bubbly girl I have ever met, we talked to her about prophets and she thought it was so cool that we had a living prophet. We invited her to watch General Conference, pray, come to church and be baptized. She said yes to all of them! Her response is that we all need a little more direction in our lives!
We also had a lesson with Barbara and Nick this week. At 3:30pm we all met at the church to do family history by 5pm we had to go but they stayed around with Brother and Sister Latomme for who knows how long just enjoying putting names in and finding people! We are working on finding a name for them to take to the temple!
We also had a lesson with Natalie a recent convert who is wanting to go on a mission. We practiced with her how to invite someone at doorstep to be baptized. She did such a good job! We told her she should come out and knock on doors with us. As she said the closing prayer she prayed that we would be able to find a time and that she could come find more people to share the gospel with.
On Sunday night's we have correlation with the Zone Leaders. They get there and look at us asking if we had texted to remind them about meeting tonight. We both looked confused, we hadn't texted them. "Sisters we got a text message from God!" They explained that Elder Baker forgot about tonight and Elder Palesh being new didn't know we had this meeting. There phone went off and it said "don't forget about correlation tonight." Elder parish opened it and there was no text. I made them check their reminders and calender to see if someone might have set a reminder and nothing...I know God looks out for us!
It's been an amazing week! Lots of miracles! I love being a missionary I love sharing the gospel! I love meeting new people each day! I love having a front row seat to the hand of God and his work!
I hope you are all keeping your eyes open to see them as well. I love you all and pray for you each day!
Ps. P day may be on Wednesday next week but I'm not sure. So if you don't hear from me on Monday then you will know why because we are going to the temple!
Love
Sister Leavitt





Comments
Post a Comment